1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with spontaneous rejection

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Notmymane, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Notmymane

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, I have a complicated relationship issue, and I'm not sure what to do with it all.

So, some background first:
    • I am bi-gendered, currently female, AMAB.
    • My boyfriend is a gay transman.
    • Me being bi-gendered hasn't been an issue until now, because I hadn't swung back toward female in years, and he wasn't where he is now.
    That said, he is being as supportive of me as he can. He wants me to be who I need to be, and all other things being OK, he's mostly fine with it. He's been going through some things lately though, and between that, an evil ex-girlfriend (he was in denial of his homosexuality for a very long time), and the fact that on the best days, he views being born Trans as being a heinous joke on him from the universe, he is struggling a bit.
    I understand that shaved skin and women's clothes are bad triggers for him, and I understand that the last time I was womanly, he was in a very bad place, and it sometimes gives him low-grade panic attacks. When that's not happening, he's as supportive as he can be, helping me figure out storage, occasionally talking to me about it, and I appreciate it so much.

That said, it still hurts. It hurts a bit that he continues calling it crossdressing. It hurts when he says "I need you to no do this around me right now". I wake up about 5 hours before him on weekends, and that gives me some space, but I'm a bit sad that I feel like I can't celebrate my breastforms with him (I just got them yesterday). I know that he wants me to be happy, and any time we've talked about it, he's told me that it's his problem, not mine, and as long as I don't make it weird, we're good. These things still hurt, and I don't know what to do about it.

Thanks for listening to me vent. It feels good to just get it out.

#1 Notmymane, Jan 16, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2023