1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confusing sexuality and masculinity

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by jayy237, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Bryan90

>>worrying whether my entire identity is subject to change. and i don't want it to. i like me

Jayy, perhaps one way to solve that problem is to stop "defying" society and start disregarding it. What I meant by defying is that, I notice that naturally, people want to be special and don't just want to be like categorized in a group.

Perhaps if you stop thinking about "masculinity" as the way society would, it might solve the worry. Like what is masculine? We often associate traits to masculinity and do not realize how much error we make in the process. Like do guys rant less? Or rather they just rant less in public, because they have to appear "masculine" in public.. Because according to a lot of my female friends, guys call them and rant and rant and rant like forever. So for example, ranting in public doesn't make you less masculine, it just means that you don't give a damn about what society thinks.

Like what Lex said, perhaps the only reason why homosexuals are perceived to be less masculine is because they really don't care anymore how society labels them.

I guess you shouldn't think about it too much. Do whatever you want (easier said than done), and if society thinks that you're "just another gay guy", deep inside you know you're not, and I bet your close friends, parents, and future/current boyfriend won't think of you the same way. And if anybody's opinion were to matter, it would be them, the people who see you differently.

2. jocr92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    look, i was in the same situation as you. i thought that being gay/bi would have to do with limp hands and vocal slurs and saying "honey" and shit like that.

but its so not. because im not like that. i most definately not.

I cannot stand endless vocal slurs and constantly saying honey, babe, etc. etc.

I just cant bring myself to do that and i thought i was being a "fake gay" but i realized that im not

and you are not more or less than a man for "acting" or living.

maybe you want to be like that, then go ahead, whatever you are comfortable with