1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused about sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by anonymous789098, Mar 19, 2011.

1. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

If you are up for it, maybe you can try to find someone else, and tell them outright that you don't want to take those drugs. I think there is a good chance that you are straight, and just overthinking certain feelings... but I'm not a pro.
    Don't hesitate to ask for more help here :slight_smile: We're here to help

2. anonymous789098

Thanks for your replies.

The doctor I went to usually doesn't prescribe medication to people, but she knows my history of obsessions and since my thoughts are interfering with my work life she thought it might be a good temporary stepping stone.

I went out today and noticed that lots of men appeared good looking to me, and I felt kind of gay, especially around my upper lip.

I don't understand it. I've never had any sort of sexual, romantic or intimate fantasy or longing to be with another man. But now I think all men are good looking and noticed very few attractive women. I also have this strange idea that most men are gay and that they can see me with their "gaydar". I also worry I will act upon these ideas and regret it.

When I masturbate I only think about women, but then start thinking about being gay and then lose my erection.

I really don't know what to think about my sexuality. Maybe I am in the closet, although I don't consider myself homophobic and usually try and be honest with myself.

There is a possibility I will go on the medication to determine whether these gay feelings are a result of obsessive thoughts or are really my feelings.

I would be disappointed if I was gay as I would like to have a life with a woman, who I can be sweet, caring and loving to. I'm not sure I can have those feelings with another man. But if I'm gay I'm gay, and if it does bring me happiness then I guess that's okay.

I'll try and make an appointment with a psychologist and determine what my sexuality is. I have a feeling I'm 70% heterosexual and 30% homosexual, but as Alexi12 said, just over-thinking certain feelings.

3. thejammaiden

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello
    I have read your post and I am going through the same things.
    It is terrible I feel I have wasted my life.
    If you ever want to chat you can do and your not alone.