1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conflict of religion and sexuality.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Micah, May 15, 2008.

1. Vampyrecat

And those of us who know you all know the reason why. :slight_smile: I'm glad it all went okay micah :slight_smile: it's good that your parents were able to talk to your bf in a courteous and polite way. :slight_smile:

2. TriBi

Yes!! Glad it went well...much better than the circumstances of your initial coming out to them methinks...:wink:

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I'm really pleased that all went so well. Breakfast too - I think your mum was trying to impress him. Definitely a good sign!

That's the key I think. It certainly was when my parents met Markie for the first time. In their minds they had probably associated gay with camp and drag etc, and I think seeing that my partner was a normal guy made them feel better about the situation.

With the mention of breakfast, did he stay overnight too? If so how did that work out with your parents? It sounds like it has the potential to be more awkward than dinner.

4. SamAlex728

That's the first thing I thought of. And I've only been on here for a few months. I like looking at old threads.
    Glad it went well. If I were in your shoes with that thing with your dad, I would've beat the crap out of him, but that's just me. Then again, I hate my dad anyways.

5. Grantious

he he i'm glad... da story made me smile lawl.
    happy for ya
    *huggles

6. acorn7

7. Micah

Yeah well he did stay over, but funnily enough that wasn't awkward. We went to bed considerably later than my parents.