1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as gay

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Gay Brett, Dec 17, 2021.

1. Gay Brett

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you everyone one for replying. It is so nice to be able to express how much I am attracted to guys and hear from people who share my love of them and my love of being gay. Up until now I have only been able to acknowledge my admiration for a hot man around a couple of girls who I am friends with who know I see men the same way they do. And while it is nice to be able to freely comment on a guy I think is handsome in front of them I would not be comfortable talking about gay sex in their company. Being able to talk about the emotional and physical sides of being a gay man is something I’ve wanted for so long, but always kept these thoughts to myself.

Chip and Contented like this.
  2. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard to believe how frightened I was about being gay..Besides the fear of what 'others might think' the thing I was really scared of is how powerful this emotion was in me: acknowledging just how much I wanted to have sex with another man, how natural it felt, how much I wanted it! Finally embracing that negative fear turned into intense happiness!

Funny that was the first person I came out to as well - close woman friend. It also helped confirmed my sexuality to myself - because she was straight and had the same attractions to the same parts of men as I did :slight_smile:

#22 out2019, Dec 31, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
    Out and In likes this.
  3. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It took me a long time to get over this. Internalized homophobia made me ashamed about how I wanted to be intimate with a man and that I had a stronger sexual desire to receive anal intercourse than anything else. Now I look at it as a beautiful intimate act I want to share with someone I love.

I only have done it once so far but that first time…

I have tried to figure out why this shift happens, I think we were just trying to fool ourselves we liked it, like someone who's afraid at a dinner to say they can't tell the difference or even like the super expensive bottle of wine..once we admitted we just don't like it we become aware of that feeling of revulsion.
    In denial I thought it was just 'natural' to be a little grossed out during sex, until I realized I was even grossed out trying to fantasize about naked women but not about naked men... then I thought wait a minute.... :slight_smile:

#23 out2019, Dec 31, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2022
    Contented likes this.
  4. Gay Brett

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it is kind of crazy how much I fought or denied something I now love so much. It is great to know you share this tremendous happiness that being gay can bring.

I’m also glad you have a girlfriend who you could come out to. The straight woman I hang out with don’t view giving their men oral as something to feel shame about. It is just something very normal for them to do. Understanding how normal this sex act is for so many people on earth has helped take away my own personal stigma of doing it too. Like straight men who love women’s breasts and want to kiss them because they think they are beautiful I just find men to be beautiful down there and want to see that part of him and kiss it.

What also seems natural to me is from this comes the very strong desire to want to feel that part of him in other ways too. I guess I just share the same wants that a straight woman has in the bedroom and having a guy make love to you the way he is equipped to also seems normal if you are sexually attracted to him.

You not feeling shame about receiving anal sex and admitting you want it is great because now you get to enjoy it. I am totally with you in wanting a man to be intimate with you in this way as being your strongest sexual desire. When I see a heartthrob I fantasize about him making love to me with me receiving him. When my straight girlfriends say they want a guy I can relate.

But hanging out with straight woman has also helped normalize the thought of needing to go to a doctor before sleeping with men. To them it is all something very common to do and talk about. This definitely aided in my courage to tell my doctor that I want to start have sex with men and him getting me the right things to take to make if safe as possible. I just said to myself woman who want to get D often go to their doctors about it first. I also want D so it shouldn’t be a big deal for to have to see a doctor about it either.

The shift for me not wanting to ever see a woman’s vagina ever again came I think before I came out of denial and found myself exclusively masturbating to imagines and thoughts of men, but once I snapped out of my denial I was like, oh yes, no thank you. I definitely don’t want that. Not that there is anything wrong with wanting it, but I’m just super gay and it makes me think eww. Again this is something I can relate to with my straight female friends who have zero desire to sleep with other women.

Out and In likes this.
  5. Ggg

Ggg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember when I came out (almost 10 years ago) as Bisexual. I was very careful who I told. I was lucky that I received no negative comments. It was hard, no doubt. Interestingly enough one of the people I came out to was an ex-girlfriend. We talked for hours. She was so kind. She asked me if I was seeing anyone (I wasn't at the time.) A few months later I was at a bar, she casually introduced me to one of her co-workers, never mentioned I was BI. Her co-worker and I hit it off well. Within a few weeks he and I were dating, sometimes we would go on double dates with my ex and her boyfriend. She was genuinely happy for me. When he and I "officially" became boyfriends, she sent me a nice letter saying how wonderful it was that I had a boyfriend. That was 9 years ago, he and I are still together and my ex-girlfriend likes to tell people that she "fixed" us up.

Gay Brett and Ipswichfan like this.
  6. Robyn mac

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I discovered my bi sexuality I had a long time girlfriend. Sex was okay but I felt a bit awkard or clumsy. She pushed me to explore men after an incident at the beach . She had arranged my first date with another man whom she knew. She then decided for us to switich gender roles in the bedroom . The sex gotten better and I felt more at ease in the bedroom with her. . She was also great for finding bi men for both of us to enjoy even thou she was straight herself.
    Now I am totally gay. I can't imagine myself sleeping with a woman again.

7. Gay Brett

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww. What a wonderful ex-girlfriend you have. I love this. And I love how you and she now both have boyfriends. So fun to be able to out on a double date and have it feel as natural for you to have a boyfriend as it is for her.

My ex-wife is also sincerely happy when I have a boyfriend too. I don’t have one now but when she would have the kids for the weekend and know we had plans she would always text me to have fun on my date. At the time she was one of the very few people who new I was gay and it felt so nice to have her support in who I was dating. She is in a great relationship now and I think the guy knowing I’m gay makes it easier for her and I to communicate and be nice to each other without him having to think about if she still has feelings for me or if I do for her. We don’t. She definitely much prefers a straight lover and I could never look at her in a sexual way ever again.

My second boyfriend was as a result of a woman I know introducing us. She was a friend who always suspected I was gay and had been telling her gay friend about me for some time as someone she thought he would get along with. When I came out to her she said, “No kidding. Of course you are.” To some people I hid being gay far better to myself than I did them.

Anyway, I think women do a better job fixing gays up than they do fixing straight guys up and it is awesome that your ex did this for you and you are still close with her. Congratulations on your same sex relationship. They can be so much fun to be in. Like her I am happy for you.

out2019 likes this.
  8. Gay Brett

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    S
    Some girls just know. Did she catch you checking out guys at the beach?

Out and In likes this.
  9. Robyn mac

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We have many nice beaches here. One beach have a unoffical gay nude beach far away from the population. It was population some nudity and the gay section but all nudity far from regular population.
    We would go she liked to be topless and I would go nude. As I was standing at the waters edge two guys came towards me. We were talking and I could 'nt stop staring. We were in the water for some time. Got back to the blanet and the girlfriend had some nice comments about what transpired. Nothing bad . On the long drive home she asked if I was bi. I told her no but we continued discussing the subject. Finally changed it to maybe and she arranged a date for me with a guy she knew . Had a wonderful time and it had changed my life for the better.

#29 Robyn mac, Jan 1, 2022
  10. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These are all wonderful examples of how it is possible to overcome heteronormative programming and embrace same sex attraction without guilt or fear. There is so much stigma attached to two men engaged in sexual relations that it sometimes pampers guys coming out. I know it did me. I was conflicted as in my heart I knew I wanted a sexual relationship with another guy. We know we love oral and anal with another guy but still feel the societal taboos that make those acts seem somehow dirty or abnormal. However in reality they are wonderful fulfilling expressions of a loving connection between two men. Having a boyfriend is a very heady experience after years of denial. Having been brainwashed that we are suppose to have girlfriends rather than boyfriends it takes some time to leave those antiquated ideas behind and come out as gay. For many of us once that switch occurs we can no longer imagine intimacy with a woman again. The idea of being bisexual simply doesn’t work for us. The female body loses any appeal and the idea of sex is just simply gross. I still can’t get over the fact that for so many years I was with women all the while desiring men under it all. These days I don’t even identify as ever being straight as it just seems so unreal.

#30 Contented, Jan 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  11. Gay Brett

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you. Love that your girlfriend encouraged you to do something she knew you wanted to do and now you are living a gay life.

Do you think your girlfriend knew you were actually gay and not bi but just ask about being bi because she didn’t want to shut down this self discovery you were making?

i never really thought as myself as being bi. I went from pretending I was straight to know I was very gay.

#31 Gay Brett, Jan 1, 2022
    out2019 likes this.
  12. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Couldn’t have said it better, so so true.

13. Gay Brett

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I see you as someone who is all gay and never was straight and think there is nothing abnormal about you liking to give men oral sex or wanting them to anally make love to you. I’m glad we are finally getting to experience and are freely able to talk about the fact that we love it.

#33 Gay Brett, Jan 1, 2022
    out2019 likes this.
  14. Robyn mac

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There was alot of self discovery going on until it was time to be gay. We switched gender roles in the bedroom . We had played with different so guys over a couple years . Had rules to it but it worked out very well .
    She had passed away a few years ago and thats when I decided to come out as gay.

15. Gay Brett

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you find a wonderful man to love.

Contented likes this.
  16. Robyn mac

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    thank you but it has been a few yrs. now. I mourned and have moved on. She was the best not just a gf but a best friend first.
    Now dating a very nice gentleman.

Gay Brett likes this.
  17. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, it was years of beating myself up "why don't I like this" or even worse "i really like this" it was hard to accept "I really really don't like this'.

It took years for me to imagine being comfortable talking about it I remember sometimes hearing bits of women's conversations and being jealous but I didn't know why since I found guys locker room talk revolting. Even in my fantasies I can imagine saying "nice c*ck" but I can't imagine saying that about any sexual part of a woman.

Yes! It seems so natural and such a natural way to express affection.

This is a great way to put it!

Yes! I realize now how much I want it! and finally feeling good about wanting it! I never understood why people got so worked up about straight sex.

Yes. I had two girlfriends tell me I was gay. I denied it but at the time I secretly liked being told that.

I never considered that label even during my 'but I think women are beautiful' stage.

#37 out2019, Jan 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
    Gay Brett likes this.
  18. Gay Brett

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

out2019 likes this.
  19. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both of these statements resonated with me. I remember wanting sexual intimacy with another man in the worst way. Afterwards there was no comparison to straight sex. I couldn’t understand how I stood it for so many years. It was nothing compared to same sex intimacy.
    I too at the start denied being gay when a woman friend asked but was secretly I loved the idea that someone thought I was gay. Frankly it was a turn on for me.

out2019 and Gay Brett like this.
  20. eron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have a similar feeling - even with still being not out.