1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clothing, where to shop?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Rdougall1, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Rdougall1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi guys,

I haven’t posted here in awhile but I would like some resources on where to shop for clothing. My final step in completely expressing my gay identity is that I feel at my core that I want more feminine clothing. I do not identify as non-binary but I do feel somewhere between traditional masculinity and the “middle of the road” so to speak.

I have not gone shopping before so I’m wondering what stores I can find clothing that has merchandise that is feminine but not quite dresses/skirts. If you need examples of what I am talking about, I am happy to look up images.

thanks!

2. Misadori

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whenever I'm out lookin' for female clothing (yep, I'm trans^^) I usually go to shein:slight_smile: It usually takes me a week or two to get my order but feel they're quite fast at shippin' since it could travel from the other side of the world of where I live(A) They do have storages spreaded out in the world, worth to mention! Shein is pretty good at tellin' the size of the item you're lookin' for and previous buyers usually leave comments if you want further info. Well provided with pics, both models and uploaded pics from buyers and the price is quite good too^^

3. GazesToClouds

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hiyyyaaa OP,

So i am a queer dude, certainly not masculine and i recently started to expand my wardrobe to include some things that arent typically "masculine" but the one place i was comfortable enough to start looking was an Australian shop called Dangerfield (i know international shipping is yuck) but they sell clothes that (in my opinion) arent "specifically" for women, they have a range of clothes that could justifiably be worn by anyone (obviously some things are depending on confidence levels) but i bought this cute long skirt with axolotls on it and i love it. I think it would be kind of similar to Hot topic, but less anime and more alternative. This is all under the assumption thats the kind of style you are looking for.

Sorry for rambling a bit, hope it helps :grin:

Misadori likes this.
  4. Robyn mac

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Since you live on the east coast have you tried Norstroms ? I have gone in the ladies changing rooms and tried on . If it does'nt fit the will go out and get you a different size while you try on something else. Best service.
    another one I like is Chico's . Yes it is for older people but has a great look.

5. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Big recommend thrift stores :ok_hand: especially really big ones like value village. so much variety in clothing sizing/shape/style. and the clothes are well priced and theres no salespeople all up in your business

#5 Batman, Jan 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    TinyWerewolf likes this.
  6. Rdougall1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys! I moved to Boulder and there is a Nordstrom, I will check out as well as some thrift stores. I hope I can figure this out soon!

#6 Rdougall1, Jan 15, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2022
  7. Rdougall1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also, how do I get more comfortable with trying on clothing that may be more feminine than my comfort level? I am very motivated to find out what makes me happy so I want to figure out how to navigate feelings of ostracization when people kind of ‘know’ I’m gay if you know what I mean

8. GazesToClouds

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm thats a bit of a toughie, i know that for me im still "in the closet" technically but im certain my friends know im queer, but what helped me was just doing it, saying f*ck it and just rocking up to our planned thing (we were having lunch) just wearing a skirt. One of them was with me when i bought it so he wasnt surprised but the rest of them were just like "huh, neat" and we went on like usual. They were super chill with it and being with the people i trust gave me the confidence to just be me. I guess it probably helped since we were on holidays at the time so there was no chance id get recognised which helped my nerves a bunch, but being with them was the biggest help

9. Richelle1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I highly recommend the Macy's website and here's why. They have this thing called the "Final Act" where they have close discounted up to 80 percent. You can buy dresses for like 12.00. Then, they have a size guide too for that particular item. Then you can have it shipped or store pick up where they bring it right to your car. I bought some juniors jeans and thought they won't fit, no way but they did! The other thing to get endorphins going is to go into Marshals or TJ Maxx and just go to the woman's section and do it! It's a rush and most people don't care or notice and if they do they won't say anything. I bought my first purse yesterday.