1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can a person be body allergic during sex

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Neil01, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Neil01

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi! I am posting this thread to invite knowledge and experienced comments if any body has ever encountered allergic reactions of anytype while having sex. For me it has been a terrible experience everytime I do sex. I experience rashes going close to others body, difficulty in breathing, wheezing sound from chest and throat in breathing, a kind of asthama attack. Cannot have intimate body to body contact. Eyes get sore and water starts running from eyes. Breating gets extremely disturbed with itching and contraction in bronchial tract. Doing kiss becomes very far from reality. Don't know the cause. Had anyone had any simlar problem while having sex?

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There are a number of possibilities, especially if it is just one person that you experience this with.

It is possible to be allergic to another persons bodily fluids.

It could also be something on the person such as a perfume (even in the detergent used in their clothes or shampoo etc), or the foods that they eat, or if their home has mold, and there are probably more. (I have had troubles like this)

It could be psychosomatic, this would mean therapy could help.

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My first guess would be the soap, bodywash, perfume, or cologne they are wearing. Possibly the detergent the sheets for the bed are laundered in. If all of those variables are removed, I would discuss with your doctor. The sort of physical symptoms you describe would be unlikely to be of psychosomatic origin.

4. KaySee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know if this helps, but I saw this article a while ago: Yes, You Can Be Allergic To Semen. Symptoms of human seminal plasma hypersensitivity. - Refinery29.

So I just looked up "allergies sex body" and this looks promising: Genital contact allergy: A diagnosis missed - NCBI - NIH. This has a good list of both "sexually related reactions" and "nonsexually related reactions" (which you can get without orgasms or genital contact).

Postorgasmic illness syndrome (POIS) symptoms do not occur during sexual activities without ejaculation, but it has flu-like and allergy symptoms after orgasm. It's usually males who are diagnosed with this.

You can look into it more if you want.

5. Robyn mac

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If your having intercourse you maybe allergic to latex condoms. Might what to try a different brand or type