1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Just Potato, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Just Potato

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am a 20 year old male. I have had sexual relations only with women till date. I have a girlfriend for almost two years now.
    I grew up in an all boys school where being sexually abused by other boys was not uncommon. It hasn't happened with me but I have seen it happen to other people and I think that makes me cringe a little if I see homosexuality on screen. It brings back those memories.
    I used to be teased a lot with this guy in school and that made me very angry. At that point I just considered him a friend. However, now that I think about it I recall being very possessive about him. I don't know if it's because I had feelings for him or just a casual friendship. I am not sure if it even was attraction. I am so confused.
    After that, I have never felt anything for any guy. Does this mean I could be bisexual?

2. I'm gay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have never felt anything for any guy, and you don't fantasize about guys or think about them in any sexual way, then I would conclude that you are straight. It is very possible for you to develop strong feelings and attachments to guys without any sexual component. Straight guys can have loving feelings for other straight guys. It's only when those feelings are sexual in nature should you consider it to be something worth more examination.

masterofnone, Lemony and LilLady9 like this.