1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Aro or not?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by StellaMarie, Dec 20, 2022.

1. StellaMarie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey there, this is my first thread.
    (Sorry, this might be a bit of a rant)

I'm and Ace and I'm sure of it. I don't like sex. Never felt the attraction towards anybody's body. Never understood what a hot person was. No. That isn't my cup of tea.
    Since many people were both Ace and Aro, I assumed I was one of them since I had never experienced romantic attraction either.

But since a few months, I've been questioning my romantic orientation. In the middle, I felt what I thought was a crush on a boy in my school. I don't know if it was a crush or not but the feelings matched my friends' description of what a crush feels like. Now that I look back to it, I feel like that was just me feeling friendship with him. It doesn't feel like love. Well, I don't even know what being in love feels like. I'm just trying to relate to what my friends tell me about it.

Let me give ya'll an example. Everyone like spicy noodles. They tell me it tastes good. But I don't even know what spicy noodles are. Never seen them in my life. I'm just trying to see if the food I've ate before are spicy noodles based on what you are telling me.

But whenever I read lovey-dovey books or fan-fics, I don't know why but I crave those sort of feelings. Or probably I feel left out on this all. Some days I feel like having a boyfriend or a girlfriend doen't seem so bad and the other days I feel like Merida from Brave.
    Anyways, I'm confused about all there feelings I'm having. Am I really aromantic or am I something else?
    TL,DR : Idk if I've had a crush or not. The feelings are confusing. I compare love to spicy noodles. Am I aro?

2. BocciBee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes it can be a bit hard to tell, I can say that from experience. I identified as aromantic for years before deciding that I would be perfectly happy being in a romantic relationship. To be clear, this isn't a bad thing. I'm glad I had my time in the aromantic community, it taught me a lot.

I say try identifying as aromantic for a while. Try and find aromantic community on social media. See if it feels comfortable to you being in these spaces or if instead it feels limiting to you. It does sound to me like you might be aromantic but hopefully doing these things might help you understand you feelings a bit better.

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    StellaMarie.....IHello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that night that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can answer questions, give you support and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent!) :old_big_grin: when that becomes necessary!

*****There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out and join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation. In particular you may want to check out the forums that are titled "Sexual Orientation" and "Gender Identity and Expression”, there are people there who have dealt with some of the same kind of issues that could be challenging you.

When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something" When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum: :old_cool:

*****To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.

*****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_rolleyes: If you have any questions at all, you can send me a Private Message.

.....David :gay_pride_flag: