1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acceptance of Your Sexuality Is Freedom!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by out2019, Nov 27, 2020.

1. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need to remind myself how incredibly happy, energized and free I feel when I accept that I am gay.

I realized it's really about freedom!
    Freedom from thoughts literally depressing yourself and preventing you from living your life.
    Freedom to pursue love, romance, sensuality, sex!

I am a homosexual. There is no other way for me to experience romantic and physical sexual love with anyone but a man. Of course it will be a special man for me, but it will be a man. If I deny this or don't accept it, I am cutting myself off from the chance for love.

Right now, I feel incredibly happy about being gay, knowing it, and accepting it. I am ready to share my capacity for love and intimacy with another!

SevnButton, Biappeal, Tommy76 and 6 others like this.
  2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    out2019.....I'm glad that you are happy! It's often a big step from acceptance to happiness. I hope that you do find the right guy to share with!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

Tommy76, SGee and out2019 like this.
  3. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks!
    Right now I feel so wonderful! How could I ever want to reject the feeling and state of mind that comes with acceptance? How could I even think about taking away this gift I gave to myself!?

I have a strange feeling tonight that I really reached a new stage of acceptance, no matter what self destructive thing I might try to do, nothing can stop me from coming out to myself.

I also had a strange feeling of revulsion and anger about trying to like women sexually, it's hard to explain but I feel so happy just rejecting that idea that I could be sexually attracted to them.

4. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [QUOTE="out2019, post: 6719169, member: 995

I also had a strange feeling of revulsion and anger about trying to like women sexually, it's hard to explain but I feel so happy just rejecting that idea that I could be sexually attracted to them.[/QUOTE]

For me finally and totally rejecting the notion of being sexually attracted to women gave me such a feeling of release. The idea of intimacy with a woman start to feel so foreign and then disgusting. I no longer could pretend or try to fool myself,I could for the first time say unequivocally I preferred men as sexual and emotional partners. It’s been over 3 years and despite all the issues , the break up with my bf I won’t change a thing. I see my homosexuality as a gift and finally embracing it as finally being who I actually am for the first time in my life. Go with your feelings, acknowledge who you are inside. It is well worth it.

#4 Contented, Nov 27, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    out2019 likes this.
  5. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have progressed this way too. It became mentally and physically exhausting to pretend I like women.

Yes, beautifully put! this is exactly how I feel.

6. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was just thinking about this.. I LOVE being gay! I know I still have a long way to go, but I am long, long past the point of denial or wanting to 'fix it'. It's been an internal battle for a long time, but the denial side no longer even denies, and I also know the more real world contact i have with the LGBTQ community, I feel more comfortable and at home, I am 'leaving' my old self.

OnTheHighway likes this.
  7. SGee

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Have you ever been with a guy?

out2019 likes this.
  8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey long time no speak, how are you? I'm glad you are currently feeling happy about being gay.

out2019 likes this.
  9. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Years ago when I was drunk, I had a hook up, I was liking it, but freaked out before it went to far, but it felt pretty natural, I was just scared.

10. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks! I am doing well. Yes I still am happy about being gay! Denial is so draining and tiring, I just couldn't do it anymore. I can imagine myself with a guy and I feel happy, like I have some hope for intimacy- I just focus on that - nothing can compare to that feeling. I tried, and tried and tried, but just don't feel that way about women.

11. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like many of us the attraction to women fades as you embrace your homosexuality more and more.I tried to fake it for awhile thinking this was some strange sexual phase I was going through. Soon the attraction scale zeroed out and my focus was exclusively on men. It gets to the point for many of us that women aren’t even an afterthought sexually. When my attraction fade to zero and it was incredibly liberating. I was freed from having to pretend attraction when absolutely none existed. It was proof positive I was gay and was comfortable embracing that.

12. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, it's funny I used to be 'desperate' for any sign I found a woman attractive, now I really want those thoughts to go away- they just seem like a silly waste of time.
    Yes this can be very tiring! Especially when you have acknowledged to yourself you're gay

I was just thinking - if i remained in 'denial' then I would just think that romantic and sexual relations are not really all that great, and you can never be really close to anyone.

I may have some 'grief' about finally giving up the idea that I am straight - but if I acknowledge I am gay then all the sudden physical, romantic and sexual intimacy are much more intense and I have a real desire for them.

13. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am so pleased for you to read this thread. Having seen the progress of your journey its create you have reached this point of clarity! Good for you! What a way to head towards the end of the year and into the new year!!

out2019 likes this.
  14. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I may have some 'grief' about finally giving up the idea that I am straight - but if I acknowledge I am gay then all the sudden physical, romantic and sexual intimacy are much more intense and I have a real desire for them.[/QUOTE]
    This is quite normal as you begin to openly and honestly embrace your homosexuality . There is a sense of loss hence the grief. However as your journey continues it is replaced with both the physical and emotional satisfaction of male to male intimacy. The intensity of those feelings helps you validate your sexual orientation and eases the emotional stress of admitting to yourself and then others that your gay. Gay is not a disease to be feared and hidden, it’s to be embraced openly with true pride as a wonderful expression of the variety and validity of the various human sexualities. You are well on your way and it is wonderful to see your gaining confidence level.

out2019 and old tacoma like this.
  15. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I now realize my same sex desires are part of a desire for romantic intimacy. When I even begin to imagine what it would be like to find a guy I could love like that - just holding hands or snuggling in bed, I feel so beautiful inside, and I feel so good about being gay.

Joolz66 likes this.
  16. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations. You have come so far. You should be very proud of yourself.

Joolz66 and out2019 like this.
  17. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is true. When I first started to acknowledge my same sex desire I convinced myself it was purely a sexual thing. In short order it was so much more. It’s was romantic, sensual, erotic but more importantly an emotional experience as well. For the first time in my life I felt a seriously intense connection with another person. Being with another man then seemed so absolutely right, as if I had been waiting to experience this world rocking connection with another individual to finally validate who I was and what I had been searching for. It turns out I was looking for that life altering lightening bolt with the wrong sex.

Joolz66 and out2019 like this.
  18. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks! I know it's taken a long, long time to just get this far, but yes, looking back I was so terrified about being gay and every day it seems like I am more and more comfortable. There are some down days but they are fewer and fewer.

More importantly, I feel like the change it permanent. I know I have to keep moving forward, but I know I won't go back, there is no denial to hide behind anymore.

Contented likes this.
  19. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You will get to the point where you are comfortable being gay and being gay is just another part of who you are like your hair color, height, etc.

out2019 likes this.
  20. out2019

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am feel totally comfortable with other gay men now - I have called the help line a couple of times and here, I also feel comfortable coming out to some women friends I know. In fact, I feel less comfortable if they don't know I am gay.
    It's the rest of the world, but I am beginning to realize I need to to build a new life within the gay community some old friends and family might still be there, but with others we might drift apart. That's ok. I am ready to start living as me, and if it doesn't fit with other people that's ok too.

FooFight54 likes this.