1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News ‘God intended it as a disposable planet’: meet the US pastor preaching climate change denial

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by brainwashed, Oct 14, 2020.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This level of ignorance really should preclude a person from being in any position of authority.

3. NextEra333

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Disposable planet? Where the hell does he think that everyone (including himself) is going to go? Technology has come a long ways and there will be more advances in the future. However, the chances of anyone responding to this thread ever leaving Earth are slim to none. Humans settling on other worlds, at least on a large scale, is not likely until the next century. And even then, we don't know for sure. There could easily be additional obstacles to doing this that we are not yet aware of. Sure, there could be a new game-changer invention that makes this possible much sooner, but no one in their right mind would count on that or even remotely expect it.

4. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    According to his beliefs, he and everyone in his specific sect are going to heaven, everyone else burns in hell. He also believes the universe is only a little over 6000 years old, when it wears out and things get bad Jesus comes and takes the good ones away while the others suffer.

I could make a nasty comment about him here but I will let everyone fill it in themselves.

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  6. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Gee, I missed that Book of the Bible. Did God specially tell this person? I seem to recall being good stewards of the land!!! Idiots like this give all Christians a bad name.
    ((momhugs))

7. Loves books

For some reason the first thing that popped in to my head about this guy was “okay boomer”. The planet is not disposable and current generations are trying to undo the damage already done. If God is real I’d wish he’d do an interview where we could ask about all the idiots in the world. But I’m convinced that most of the people through out history who claimed they spoke to God had undiagnosed mental illnesses leading to auditory hallucinations.

8. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    1. He was born in 1939 which makes him silent generation not a baby boomer.
    2. It really irritates me that people condemns every person born between 1946 and 1964 because SOME of them are nasty people like my parents (only one of whom is actually a baby boomer). Especially given that I am also a baby boomer and am nothing like this person (or my mother). It is a dismissive generalization that is hurtful of many and not really helpful in any discussion.
    I agree with the first portion of this statement and also addressing the above, I am among those who has worked to raise awareness of these facts and Earth Day was created by Baby Boomers.

I agree with this analysis. In a different society I would be seen as a holy person rather than someone to be feared or hated.