1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inspirational quotes to uplift those who need it

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by xfemmelesbian, Apr 5, 2023.

1. xfemmelesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone,

I am going through an extremely difficult period with my mental health at the moment and have been looking at some inspirational quotes and wanted to share some of my favourites to maybe make some of you feel better if you need it.

“You never fail until you stop trying.”

“There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.”

“Your present circumstances don’t determine where you go; they merely determine where you start."

“Don’t believe everything you think.”

“It always seems impossible until it’s done.”

“It doesn’t matter how slowly you go as long as you don’t stop”

There are so many more but I can’t write them all. You are all worthy of happiness. If anybody ever wants to talk about literally anything (even just a general chat) please don’t worry about leaving a message on my wall or you can PM me if you would like. I love meeting new people and would love to help anybody should they need it. I hope everyone is having a good day/night!

2. PlutoTheOpposum

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's alright, may I add a few of my own? These are mostly cavetown lyrics, but I do think some people (including myself -sigh-) need to hear them.

:sparkles:"It doesn't make you a narcissist to love yourself / You don't have to be anybody you can never be" (talk to me, cavetown)

:cake:"Learn a little self love, 'cuz you're not half as bad as you throught." (Calpol, cavetown)

:yellow_heart:"Hey, it's okay if you're not okay right now / You've got plenty of time to figure it out" (It's okay, cavetown)

:peace:"Life's too short / To worry about things that we got wrong / So hug all your friends and let them know / You're not letting go" (Hug all ur friends, cavetown)

:partly_sunny:"I hope you love yourself your body and heart / I hope you feel happy that's all I want" (green, cavetown)

I know these aren't necessarily "inspirational" but they always comfort me. I hope these maybe help. Also for Loz and anybody else reading this, I hope things get better for you <3 remember you deserve good things, and don't let yourself or anyone else convince you otherwise. I'll always have my PMs open as well and my wall is always there if you just want to say hi! :hugging:

3. Loves books

Some of the ones I’ve found I’ve printed out and stuck to my bedroom wall.

Tell the negative committee that meets in your head to sit down and shut up.

When something goes wrong in your life just yell Plot twist and move on.

When it rains look for Rainbows, when it’s dark look for Stars. ( that’s basically every cloud has a silver lining)

When life gives you lemons freeze them and throw them as hard as possible at the people making life difficult ( not really inspiring but I do have a great mental image of pelting certain people with frozen lemons)

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent ( great quote from Eleanor Roosevelt )

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quotes by Brene Brown:

"There will be times when standing alone feels too hard, too scary, and we’ll doubt our ability to make our way through the uncertainty. Someone, somewhere, will say, ‘Don’t do it. You don’t have what it takes to survive the wilderness.’ This is when you reach deep into your wild heart and remind yourself, ‘I am the wilderness.'”

“You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.”

"You may not have signed up for a hero’s journey, but the second you fell down, got your butt kicked, suffered a disappointment, screwed up, or felt your heart break, it started. It doesn’t matter whether we are ready for an emotional adventure—hurt happens. And it happens to every single one of us. Without exception. The only decision we get to make is what role we’ll play in our own lives: Do we want to write the story, or do we want to hand that power over to someone else? Choosing to write our own story means getting uncomfortable; it’s choosing courage over comfort.”

5. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    “One day at a time.”

6. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm not feeling great today and I'm sorry if someone's already posted something similar. But I came across the quote "never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up" lately, and I thought it was kinda neat.

7. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cinnamon, Love it! Thank you….

8. Kally

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
    - Dolly Parton
    Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.
    - William James
    Kindness is one thing you can't give away. It always comes back.
    - George Skolsky
    Be there for others but never leave yourself behind.
    - Dodinsky
    Never underestimate the investment you make in yourself.
    - Jag Chima
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything they just make the best of everything.
    - Anonymous

Here are some quotes I found and I hope you all have and amazing week and I hope these quotes help.

9. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks everyone for your inspiration!