1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm still not ok, getting even worse actually

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TinyWerewolf, Feb 9, 2023.

1. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    TRIGGER WARNING: near self harm, vivid and near constant suicidal ideation, dysphoria, verbal abuse/transphobia/homophobia, threats against doctors, family drama

So Lydia had a serious heart-to-heart with me last night. I've been depressed, but I scared her. We talk a lot, and I have shared my problems with her before. Last night she shook me awake to what I've been doing to myself. I've lost my will to live, to fight for my freedom in this situation I'm living in. I wrote here the first time I picked up a knife and that's as far as that went- the other time I picked up a knife I scratched my arm. Several lines over the main artery in my forearm, they only stayed for an hour or two at most. I keep making innuendos of suicide, or vividly describing the ways I've plotted it. It's never been a full plan, just "I could do that" and "that would get the job done." I haven't seen any other way out in a while. I've just been thinking and thinking, very close to giving up.

With all of the 'trans people are insane, the LGBTQIA+ people are going to hell, you'll never be a man and you aren't still thinking that way are you?' rhetoric I hear all of the time, I'm just done. It feels like there's no escape from them, and if I even did I still lose my nieces and nephew- they will never let me see them again. I'm worried my brother will hate me too once I left. If I did escape I don't know where I would go either. I'd probably have to disappear for anyone helping me to be safe- they threatened to shoot any doctor who gave me testosterone once. This is the main thing keeping me from telling my supportive family members (five that I know of total- three that for sure know about me being trans/pan from ages ago) what's going on now that I even have a burner phone.

I haven't been writing about my own issues publicly much if at all. I'm naturally an introverted man anyway, but I get in my own head over it. I don't want to be or be seen as attention seeking, distract from someone who needs help even more than I do, or post so much people get sick of me. Those of you that know me and care about me deserve to know though, so I'm sorry if I'm an annoyance.

Incoming and DragonChaser like this.
  2. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I want to thank you for being honest here, and know that I'm so proud of you for being brave enough to be honest. I really hope you stick with this thread and take the advice and support you're given as seriously as possible.

This isn't going to get any better just surviving it, you have to fight, and realize that you're not alone in that fight. However - while I have no right to share more of your story - I do believe that if they knew the true extent of things, they'd be as afraid for you as I am.

If you can't be strong alone, be part of a strong group, and I know most of you well enough to say I think you're all a lot stronger than you give yourselves credit for, even those who find little value in themselves.

You're a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for, Jack. I know you feel like you're weak, but you're your own Atlas right now, weight of the world lashed to your back and bearing down on you, and you resent yourself because your legs are trembling?

I know it's taken me a lot to believe in myself as much as I do now, and I've still got miles to go before I have what I could call genuine confidence, but I wish I could take you even half as far as I've gotten. You'd see yourself in such a different light, you'll be amazed what you're capable of in just coming that far.

I love you endlessly, and I won't give up. I won't give up on any of you! We can do this! Believe in yourselves, and - even if you can't - believe in each other. Believe in us, together, as a group. The rest will come with time.

Nameerf76, 74andHome, Mihael and 6 others like this.
  3. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sorry Jack as you know I'm on holiday, so I'm snatching time going on EC and haven't seen this until now.

You know how much I admire you just for simply surviving. Lydia is right - you are strong. Just by getting to the end of every day you're doing an amazing thing. That's what friends said to me in 2020 when I was at my lowest ebb and felt just...lost. Since then things have got a whole lot better for me. And they will for you too.

You know I think you need to get out, and that will take time. But don't lose sight of that goal. Keep it in your heart. You will be free, eventually.

Please don't give up. I consider you a dear friend now and the idea that you've been thinking such thoughts makes me so sad.

Big big hugs, Jack. Hang in there. As Lydia said, we won't give up on you. We will get through this - all of us.

Beth xxx

4. Incoming

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have all the facts - though I hear echoes of so many other horror stories that it sounds depressingly familiar.

It would be too glib to spout out some version of "you have to get out and start over". Obviously it's not that simple, due to family ties, financial limitations, mental exhaustion, psychological terror.

But based on the text I just quoted, I have to ask you, in devil's advocate fashion: what better choice do you have ?

Your environment is apparently so toxic that it is squeezing the life out of you, one day at a time, and now one cut at a time.

I remember the days of "experimenting" with small knife wounds on my arms. (I was an art major so I was using a super-fine X-acto blade).
    It was innocent enough first, a way to feel empowered.

A few years after that, I was sitting on a New York City subway platform with my legs dangling over the edge, the sound of a train approaching. I got up with less than 30 seconds to spare. My so-called friends had just been watching, 2 or 3 meters behind me.

Leaving and starting over can be disastrous, too. But it saved my life.

All I'm suggesting is don't rule it out, Tiny. Keep the door of hope open, at least wide enough to let in a crack of light.

#4 Incoming, Feb 14, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
    74andHome, Wanderlost, Mihael and 3 others like this.
  5. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey TW, I'm really sorry you've been feeling so down, the pain and all the struggles you've been going through. It's not fair and it's not your fault! It's tragic that kind people, like us, who are just trying to live our lives in peace and love, are demonized, beaten down and taught to be cruel and angry like those who try to destroy us. We'd all be better off if we were encouraged to be authentic and self actualize rather than expect, force everyone to conform to some box that other people decided was acceptable. Your reaction is normal for how you're being treated and feeling stuck. It's inhumane to keep an animal in an isolated cage, not big enough to stand up in and breathe, but that's how it feels to us sometimes and all the other people who have been chained down, whether literally or systemically, by societies throughout human history. You are feeling angry, sad, frustrated, which I think are normal human responses to your situation so it's justified!

You deserve attention and help from others just like anyone does, or were you taught everyone should be self sufficient? You're never an annoyance and should post whatever you want. The threats of violence are insane and they need mental health help. Are there any LGBTQ shelters or resources in your state that could help you somehow? Hang in there and keep talking about whatever you want :hugging:

74andHome, Wanderlost, Mihael and 2 others like this.
  6. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm planning on replying to each of you at some point, but for now that will have to wait. I want to take time to respond and personally thank you for your support now, and say thank you to all of you who have in the past.

Short update:

I've started making a checklist of things I need to accomplish to escape. I also started compiling financial advice from different sources and comparing banks in order to make an account entirely secret to and independent of them.

74andHome, Wanderlost, Mihael and 4 others like this.
  7. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I hate to write this, but I'm trying to learn how to be more open with people I trust.

Tonight I find myself ideating again, after what was a good day. I got to play with my baby niece, call my (chosen) sister, spend time with my dog, and tend to all my plants like they needed to be- but my mom came in and took me to a zero with her rant at me. She has reason to be angry, I have been a slob for a few months, what she doesn't know is that it's been my depression nest. I've started to work on it this week, but it's a process I'm trying to clean up a few steps at a time so it doesn't feel overwhelming.

Her rant is what's causing the ideation tonight- specifically, "How do you expect to move out and take care of yourself?" There was more said along the same lines, I can't remember entirely what was said at the moment.

So here I am, crying like an idiot again and wishing my favorite people were here to give me a hug. I'm not cutting, going to take a shower and try not to do something stupid.

#7 TinyWerewolf, Feb 28, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
    74andHome likes this.
  8. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I' m not good at writing and can't come up with a clever response, but I'm sending a huge virtual hug. It's awful what you habe to go through. Your mom's comment wasn't very thoughtful either. From experience... it's nonsense, once you move out, the depression will subside. You're just under constant stress, that's why you're feeling this way. She's finding false arguments that fit her world view.

74andHome and TinyWerewolf like this.
  9. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are people who simply have no empathy, but don't let it get to you. I tend to let things others say affect me too, but I try to be a bigger person. You know that you are a fighter and can get through it all no matter what someone says. It wont last for forever. Big warm hugs your way.

10. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey sending hugs your way too and I'm sorry you got so down again. It sounds like she doesn't know you're depressed? If you said you've been feeling depressed and don't want to wake up most days, what would she say? Great choice on taking a shower and I hope you feel better. :hugging:

11. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Here's a big hug all the way from London Town and me - ((((((Jack))))))

Interesting that your mom mentioned moving out. Sounds like even she knows that this situation is untenable in the long run...

You did the right thing posting on EC today, instead of cutting. We all love you. We'll always be in your corner.

Beth xxx

12. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    An update:

I contacted an organization that might be able to help me, but unfortunately they can't help me until I get to the city they're in. That's four hours away. I'm wondering if I should contact my cousin and see if they can help me, I'd ask to live with them but I'm afraid that'd be impolite and possibly not a solution. Three of my cousins live there, a mom and two almost grown kids (oldest kid is my age). I'm worried they could accidentally out me though. Should I ask them for help?

I also bought an official copy of my birth certificate, since mine is locked away.

74andHome, Mihael and chicodeoro like this.
  13. Wanderlost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've caught up on this topic. It started before I was a member here. I don't know you Jack, but it sounds like you're the kind of person I'd love to know, and you deserve to be known. As dark as your mindset can be, there is light in who you are. Since I don't know you I'm always wary about giving any sort of advice to a person who may be suicidal at times and suffering from oppression, abuse, and depression. It's not a world I'm familiar with so I feel very inept and under qualified. But I will say that I do like the direction you are aiming towards. I think you've realized that your current situation is unmaintainable for various reasons, but most of all for your own safety. Get help and do whatever it takes to find a way to get that help. I think in my mind saving your life is worth the struggle and challenge to change it. The act of preparing a path to a better life is a therapy we all need.

14. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good job on contacting the organization and seeking help. This is the main thing, if you wish things to change for you. Hugs.

The first thing that came to my mind is to not be in contact at all with family members or relatives for your own safety, especially if you think they will out you. You all need to be in the same page for that. And that requires telling them about your situation and if they are on your side and supportive of you.

Mihael, TinyWerewolf and Cinnamoon like this.
  15. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey so we've spoken about this but I just wanted to say you're doing all the right things and you're being incredibly brave right now. Like Rayland says, seeking help and making plans is such a massive step in itself. Keep us posted, stay safe and remember we're all on your side.

Mihael, Rayland and TinyWerewolf like this.
  16. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Forgot to say thank you for your help with that in the previous update, sorry, Rain!

Another update:

My coworkers got me a cake that had my chosen name on it! That completely caught me off guard, it was so thoughtful of them and I deeply appreciated it. They also bought me lunch.

I set up a thing to where I can get a new copy of my social security card with the help of a friend. I just have to go to the office and bring my letter and my driver's liscense. It'll still be my deadname, but it's a step towards my independence and a new bank account.

I also have a meeting with my district manager tomorrow morning. It's to discuss a loose plan and options in order to help me get out of this house. I'm definitely asking about my career options (full time/ pay: within the store I work in, within my district, and in the city where that organization is), benefits (trans insurance and what it covers/helps, medical leave for surgery far down the road, can I keep my therapist if I go to the next state over, etc.), and services this company provides (financial planning, car buying discount, housing/relocation packages, legal advice/ consulting?). I'm also going to ask to record the meeting, I'm a slow writer and don't want to use it for legal purposes. My manager is going with me for support, she's been helping me plan a lot the past year nearly.

Red week started today though, and the pain is a bit extreme. I took two ibuprofen tablets and it didn't help at all. Tried a heating pad too. It kind of feels like being repeatedly punched in the stomach...

Thank you all for the support you've shown me, I always want to respond to the replies but never have much energy these days. I'm trying to get it back, slowly. Regardless, wanted y'all to know it was and is appreciated.

17. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is wonderful news, that you're discussing these things and your workplace can help and that your coworkers are so sweet and thoughtful. :heart_eyes:

Sorry about the red week. I understand the feeling, sometimes only stronger painkillers help. Maybe you can discuss it, with your GP? I'm going to endo to discuss it and maby get on baby pills to regulate the red week. It can be very helpful, if it works for you.

Warmest hugs your way.

mnguy and TinyWerewolf like this.
  18. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey TW I'm so happy for you and all these wonderful developments!! I didn't know your friends at work knew about all this, but omg the cake with your name is super sweet! You're doing so amazing :slight_smile:

TinyWerewolf likes this.
  19. 74andHome

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Sounds like things are getting better. Getting help from the right person/s/group is essential to healing. We want to do it by ourselves I believe because we don’t trust. A good therapist would be really helpful about now. Doing it ourselves has often proven to create more problems than solving them, But you’re here and we’re in the same boat you are one way or another. We are kindred spirits trying to find our healing and helping each other take the next step. Come on the journey with us. We need you! We won’t get sick of you either. Stay here until you find the answers you’re looking for and then stay to help others. They are here, the answers, the support, the caring loving interest in you!

TinyWerewolf likes this.
  20. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    An update:

That meeting didn't go how I'd hoped... Basically they can't help me further until I'm full time with the company- and there are no slots open. I did get a huge packet emailed to me about benefits and a few numbers to call, the district manager was genuinely trying to help me at least. It's kind of a hard punch to absorb, I really needed the help. Yet here I am, realizing I may end up homeless in all this and unable to take my dog with me- I can't uproot him from his life on a large farm to live on the streets with me. I guess I need a second job, I don't know how else to get the extra money or assistance I'll need... I have an associates, but that's not really helpful- that's what I get for studying what I like instead of what all these corporations want.

I also have been crying and having high anxiety levels more here lately. I'm trying to keep coping, keep going. I've lost sight of my future today though, I know the things I want most but they seem unrealistic- a crackpipe fantasy in a world better than we inhabit. If that's as far as I get, at least I tried.