1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel happy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Rayland, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is something I've been wanting to share. It just a little something that makes me happy.

There have recently been a few instances, where I got gendered correctly by total strangers online and in real life and that just puts me into the best mood. I feel happy several days after it.

Also I feel like I'm coming to terms with that it's okay to like feminine things too, even if I'm a man. I feel like I'm getting closer to who I really am and this all makes me very happy. I just have had such a hard time accepting it all, so coming into terms with everything feels great.

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Reading this makes me happier so thank you for sharing it, and most of all, I'm glad you are feeling better! Also that you were gendered correctly and feeling so good from it. For sure you can like whatever you want as a guy so keep liking what you like. You got this :hugging:

Rayland likes this.
  3. chicodeoro

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hearing this makes me happy, Rayland!

I think when we first accept ourselves there's a natural tendency amongst us trans folk to overcompensate for the years living as the 'wrong' gender. I'm guilty of it myself - unlike most cis women I very rarely wear trousers (I've had five decades of having no choice in the matter). I'd like to think as time wears on and we gradually become used to being our true selves (and the hormones start to take an effect), there's less of a need to pin our flag so forcefully in the ground as 'female' or 'male'. After all many, perhaps most, cis people, are in some way a mixture of the two in terms of their lifestyle choices, expression etc.

Beth x

Rayland likes this.
  4. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    True that. In my case there is also internalized homophobia, transphobia, so I think that also have affected me, but not anymore. I'm feeling like I'm overcoming that too. The person who I was just before turning 30 don't exist anymore at all.

Edit: I think I did too have that stigma of what makes a real man or a woman. I had always been told that women need to be elegant and men show no fear and are charming and there is this different kind of elegance from women and so on, but in actuality there are so many different types of gender expression. I was never introduced to these different types. I don't need to be same as everyone else either. I have my own individuality, what was lost before, but not anymore.

I was afraid to wear different clothing from everyone else and always admired the people in social media who just wore what they wanted, without any fear of being made fun of. I had no style of my own. I've become much more bolder now.

#4 Rayland, Feb 22, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
    mnguy likes this.