1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight Crushes

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jakebusman, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you ever had a crush on a straight person ? I have had many crushes on straight guys through out middle and high school.

Bastion, Rayland and Isbjorn like this.
  2. Isbjorn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not sure if you are asking if the person I had a crush on was straight, or if the crush itself was of a straight nature (toward the opposite gender). The answer to the first is I assume so, but never asked or was told otherwise. The second, gender has never defined a crush for me. As a kid, I had them for both genders.

In middle school, I had a crush on a jock friend of mine, and on a couple of other "fit" boys. That was confusing and hard on me, because boys did NOT crush on boys (or at least that is what I thought then). That made me feel like a freak, because I did not accept or understand what was going on with me. I also had crushes on a few well "developed" girls. I was one confused kid!

Looking back, I sure wish times had been different. It is not perfect now, but in comparison our children have SO much more freedom to express themselves and resources to help them understand they are not alone and not freaks. There still is a long way to go, and in some ways things are taking steps backward, but even so, now compared to the 70s and 80s things are so much better.

3. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hard to say? There was never any confirmation or denial regarding this one friend of mine in high-school, but I do remember being drawn to her. It's possible she's not straight, but as she's given no indication either way, I can only assume she is.

Rayland likes this.
  4. Starlight123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes! One! The one in struggling to get over. The one who is unable to tell me she doesn't feel the same way but refused to say I feel the same way. The one who was engaged for a year without telling me and the one who is getting married on Monday as I count down the hours until then. She may have been the one. Now I'm down to none.

5. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Told my wife about the crushes I had in middle and high school and said I should have asked them out but I didn't wanna make a fool of myself

6. Starlight123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I definitely don't regret letting her know how I feel but I feel like a fool that she has been planning a whole wedding behind my back and I had no idea. All this time I am telling her things that are very personal to me. Life is not fair but I did the best I could with the info I had. Just trying to be gentle on myself and hopefully this too shall pass.

Prisma likes this.
  7. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are just too many cute straight people in the world, haha! Most of the guys I had crushes on in grade school were straight; only one was actually gay :'(. I was deep in the closet in a conservative state and couldn't actually admit my feelings; though, I almost got close with a friend's older brother. He's now married (straight) with kids, so that deflated my crush.

Things would have been much easier if LGBT kids weren't in the closet, which means support from both the school and families. That was a rare combination when I was growing up.

Bastion, Rayland and Isbjorn like this.
  8. Loves books

I crushed on a few girls over the years but I didn’t always know if they were straight or not. I went to an all girls Catholic secondary school and I had a crush on a few older girls..The school was in a small town with under 200 students from ages 12-18. No one was out. I don’t doubt there were a few lesbians myself included but no one knew. I had a crush on a lesbian in college. I didn’t know she was a lesbian when I initially crushed on her. I never approached her though.

9. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I had a huge crush my senior year of HS he was my partner in a class and became friends he had a gf and figured he was straight sadly

10. Redmelon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I remember a girl at my secondary school, she was tall with strawberry blonde hair and all the boys liked her. We were friends for a while and I remember I started blushing and being shy when she spoke to me and always being happy when she was near. I put it down to the fact that she spoke to me at all since she was very popular, but now I see it for what it was, a crush.

11. JayeJJimenez

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Back in the day, when I was still identifying as a boy, and I was still in High School, I had a crush/sexual thoughts about the Male Manager at the Panera Bread I used to work at. I have no idea why I was attracted to him though!

12. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why, yes, that's all I've had, or at least they all played a straight guy irl. A few women showed interest in me but no guys. Seem like there are more guys who went that way, coming out now after they had kids and all. They all got to be in the straight life club when it worked for them and now they'll get together since they have that shared experience. Once again guys like me who didn't play along with the straight life will be left out. Maybe not really, but kinda probably yea that's okay.

13. Bastion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had many crushes on guys and girls. Most of them I think were straight although am not sure. I can’t really tell until now if a person really is lgbtq or straight to be honest. If there were any at that time. They were in the closet. And there wasn’t any support in my case anyway. Just like @resu said.

Maybe I was naive or I thought about sexuality in a different way. But Didn’t think and I still don’t think there is a difference between guys and girls. I just knew that I wanted to be with this person or that person and that was it. Some people thought I was weird and maybe some still do because i didn’t conform to heteronormative conditioning or behavior. Now that I know form history and research that I am more or less in the middle of the spectrum.

14. Elcar

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Basically all my crushes are straight haha

#14 Elcar, Sep 15, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2022
  15. bambibat

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The first time I fell in love it was with a straight girl. I was 15 and we shared a French class at school. I was so obsessed with her and I’m not even sure why as she almost never spoke to me, haha. She was very intelligent. Brunette with freckles all over her body and beautiful hazel eyes. I’d get so nervous being around her, sometimes to the point I was scared I might throw up before class. Just seeing photos of her on her social media would make me giddy and I had dreams of kissing her that felt so real. It trumped anything I had ever felt for boys.

The crush lasted until I was 18. Even now though she sometimes appears in my dreams. She just had that much of an impact.