1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Justmeisenough

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So the girl I mentioned last time is my dream girl, we've been talking for more than 8 weeks and I feel like I want to ask her out but we plan to see each other in new york soon cause we're doing long distance. My question is do I wait to sew her in person or do I ask her out now? If I do it in person then how? If not in person then how?

2. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you're meeting up soon I'd say in person may be your best option. That's just my personal preference for things like that though, I think it makes it more memorable. As for the how, tell us more about the girl and your plans when you meet up (if you're comfortable doing so). That way we can help you think of something extra special or give you more ideas.

Cinnamoon likes this.
  3. Justmeisenough

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We haven't made official activies for when we meet up but we've talked about going to Korea town since I'm learning korean and we both love kpop. We also talked about movies at the park and the beach, when we decide I'll come back when I'm 100% sure but that's all I know so far

4. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    All of those places would be a good place to ask her if you do end up going to the beach, Koreatown, or the park. If you can, find a more secluded area when you ask her where the two of you can kind of be alone (that's just a suggestion and not a must though).

I was going to suggest taking her to karaoke if you end up going to Koreatown, but the only places I'm seeing are all bars. I only know what I know from googling though, I've never been to NYC or New York the state.

#4 TinyWerewolf, Jul 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    Justmeisenough likes this.
  5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree about doing this in person because that's meeting in person is important to a healthy long-distance relationship. As for asking her out, try a place that allows you two some privacy to discuss and "define this relationship." Don't assume she knows what you want and vice versa, so just talk things out. It's okay if not everything is decided because you're just building your relationship experience. Also, make sure you tell a friend when/where you will be gone.

Justmeisenough and TinyWerewolf like this.
  6. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a bit tricky, as I can see pros and cons regarding both choices. On one hand, doing it in-person is usually the best way to go, as it shows the depth of your interest. But on the other hand, if you ask her and she rejects you, the rest of your time together when you meet up might get awkward. I think it really depends on how long this meet up is going to be for (is it a day trip, or are you staying overnight?), how well you manage rejection, and whether she's given you any indication that she likes you beyond friendship/chatting.

I don't think there's a wrong choice, here. Whatever choice you make is entirely up to you. Give yourself time to think on it, and hopefully whatever you choose, it goes well. :slight_smile:

Justmeisenough and TinyWerewolf like this.