1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out to Wife advice

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Joolz66, May 16, 2022.

1. Nealg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow. That’s a long time ..15 years. My wife and I went 13 months, then broke the streak in February this year. We really have not been getting along especially in the past few years.. She’s been very dismissive and downright mean towards me and has threatened divorce on multiple occasions during typical meltdowns she has. So I’m afraid coming out to her would not be a good idea at this time. One of my fantasies though is walking in on me making wild passionate gay love and not stopping while she just stands there speechless. Weird I know.

#41 Nealg, Jun 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    Joolz66 likes this.
  2. hopefulB

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not weird. Understandable. When we feel trapped any release from this cage can feel like it would be a relief. Love what everyone here has to say, and am dealing with a similar situation myself. What I tell myself is that when I finally come out fully, I want it to be with all the honesty I can muster. I've lived this lie of being straight for so many years, the act of revealing my truth has to be done with no deception or with any acts I might regret.

#42 hopefulB, Jun 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
  3. Nealg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you. That’s a great approach.

4. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heterosexuality for me was indeed a cage, I was trapped. However it was a cage of my own making I finally realized. I was so worried about what others might think if they found out I was gay I forgot it was I who mattered. The keys to those cages are in our hands and only we can free ourselves. Waiting for someone or some event to be the key I found out is a waste of time energy and emotion.

#44 Contented, Jun 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2022