1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out to spouse?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Nealg, May 12, 2022.

1. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My wife and I actually came out as bi to each other at the same time just a little over a month ago. We are considering splitting up, but only because our paths have been starting to diverge a while ago. We get along just fine, there is no animosity, and nothing is set in stone as of yet. We're taking our time figuring things out which may include the option of an open marriage.

Isbjorn and Nealg like this.
  2. Maldoone

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi. I hope something good comes to both of you. I'm just a bit chicken about splitting up. I living with my wife as if we were two spinsters or widows, together for companionship to avoid loneliness. Fun all the way....

Nealg, CatsAndDogs and Isbjorn like this.
  3. Isbjorn

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can relate to this. I lived like this for a good ten years. It can be done for sure, but man it can also take a toll. More power to you and good luck. I mean this in a nice way, not as a criticism.

My situation, I am sure does not match yours. I have spousal health issues thrown in and would never abandon her. I am also lucky in that I am bisexual and I do love her and will stick with her. Things are actually better now that I am out to her. Rough as hell initially, and still has it's moments, but we are starting to LIVE together now and not just cohabitate. Peace friend.

4. CatsAndDogs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @Maldoone - Yes, me too!! This post made me laugh! But it matches my current situation exactly.

Maldoone and Nealg like this.
  5. Maldoone

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks Nealg. It's not so bad really. Not when I look around and see the hell some people go through. What about the guy sitting on the concrete outside the supermarket come rain or shine or freezing sleet? Or the desperate refugees risking their necks in a one-time rubber boat across the Channel? I guess our problems are First World and we shouldn't whinge. OK, got that guilt off my chest - Empty Closets is a Godsend of a website, and I get a lot out of the help and support from folks who are going through the same stuff as me. My own little problems pale into insignificance when I look out there, but every now and again the heart in me takes over my head and I get a lot of help here. I am out to my wife, at least I was out, because I don't know if she thinks about it much. The sexual side of life doesn't seem to matter to her. It took me time to fully understand that I do like guys as well as girls and I always have. One day I'm going to make that move which may bring great happiness or great unhappiness, but because I'm now so much more open to LGBT thinking I'm intentionally or unintentionally going to put my foot in it. And I'm happier with that prospect than hiding away!

Isbjorn, Nealg and CatsAndDogs like this.
  6. Maldoone

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So sorry! I addressed that to Nealg - and I now see it was written to me by Isbjorn! Apologies....hope you get something from it.

Isbjorn and Nealg like this.