1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She broke up with me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TinyWerewolf, Mar 23, 2022.

1. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Things have not been going great with my girlfriend, as you can tell from the title. Strap in, it's messy.

She started not messaging for days at a time- I tried to get over it. Then I asked her why she was doing this, and she replied she wasn't in a great mental state, constantly exhausted, and extremely busy. I then asked how I could be more fair to her and how I could help. That went unanswered. A few months pass, her sport's season ended, things kind of stayed the same and we cycled through that same conversation a few more times with the same pattern. I tried to get over it again but I just grew sadder by the day. I asked her if she still wanted to be with me, to which she said she'd reply when she got time- she didn't. She quit putting "I love you" in her messages earlier this past week, and I grew even more concerned. So I asked her if she wanted to still be with me two more times. That went unanswered. So finally at such a low that I just wanted an answer and worried I'd done something wrong, I sent her a message along the lines of this: I feel like you're pushing me away, if it's because you're hurting I want you to know I love you and I'm here, if it's because you fell out of love with me or want to leave then just do it already. She answers that one today, saying that she's just so tired and is dealing with a lot of family crap (which I don't doubt), she still loves me, and she's sorry for hurting me. I told her I forgive her and how I was devastated thinking she didn't love me anymore. I also told her that I loved her and just wanted to know what was going on in her life and be there for her. Then she says she just doesn't have the energy for more than one person right now, still loves me but thinks it's best we break up, and apologizes. I have yet to respond and don't know what to say. I didn't realize I was such a chore or burden and I was draining her somehow- she did the opposite for me and made me happier, and now I just feel like such a dick. I tried my best to be there for her. I just wanted her back, I've missed her so badly.

Thanks for reading, I know it's long.

2. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so sorry Jack you know me inbox is always open

TinyWerewolf likes this.
  3. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you River.

4. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I have a couple of thoughts rolling through my head but I don't think that they would be particularly helpful at the moment. So, I will leave you with this, good for you for having compassion and sympathy for her. I'd have a lot harsher things to say about her behavior. It sucks and hurts right now, but it is time to move forward because you deserve better treatment.

Cinnamoon, TinyWerewolf and buzzer like this.
  5. Y2B

Y2B

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sorry for the delay, but I didn't know what to say. I was reading it over and over. I wanted to analyze everything, but her last message made it clear. Since she told you that she still loves you, I would ask her to think it over and give you the final answer whenever she's ready. I don't think there is anything else you can do right now. Also, don't say that you were a burden to her, you just love her and wanted to express it. You did nothing wrong.

Cinnamoon, TinyWerewolf and buzzer like this.
  6. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah my best friend thought it was good in the beginning but here in the end I got played. If that's the case, my now ex wasted months of our time. I know she has bad anxiety and depression, she was honest with me the rest of the relationship (to my knowledge), and her mom is crazy- leaving me in limbo hurt though. Now what to do with the two things I have that were supposed to be hers and my matching bracelet...

The way she wrote the message sounded like she felt I was draining her energy. I guess I should just let her go but I still love her after being dragged through hell for months. I tried to help her but I guess she didn't want it from me.

7. Y2B

Y2B

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Did she tell you what family stuff she is going through? Do you see the end to these problems in the future? Once it's over, she will have energy for you, right? Do you want to wait? You know more than us, so I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

TinyWerewolf likes this.
  8. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would wait for her, but I bet she would move on before the problems are over. She didn't get into specifics, said different things with her family just kept coming up.

9. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I am really sorry that you are hurting but I think you need to be kind to yourself. I know you are feeling like somehow you messed up and that is why it has ended but honestly from your post it doesn’t sound like you have done anything wrong. Sometimes these things just don’t work out. It is clear you wanted to try and help her through everything but you can only do that if she wants to let you and it doesn’t sound like she did. I do have one question, was this a long distance relationship?

Take some time for yourself. It’s going to hurt for a while but these things do get better with time.

10. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It didn't start that way, we met a lot in person the first couple months. Then she started her senior year and my summer job ended and I got a new job- our schedules never lined up where we could secretly meet again. Nine and a half months together and then she called it quits.

11. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm bad about not being nice to myself anyway- I've forgotten how to do that at this point if I'm being completely honest.

12. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hang in there, DO NOT internalize it, sometimes things are just not meant to be. Concentrate on any good time together. The hurt will subside, I promise.

Cinnamoon and TinyWerewolf like this.
  13. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know we've spoken about this a bit privately, but I still want to take a minute and say that I'm so sorry you're hurting, Jack. You're such a sweet, smart person, I wish you didn't have to go through this, but please know you're not alone and we will do whatever we can to help!

Sending good vibes your way!

ghost-hug.gif

14. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's a lot right now, there's a lot going on in my life between work and trying not to drown in my sadness like I have in the past. I miss her already.

Well y'all are very sweet, can't help but want to be sweet back. Thank you for saying what you have and trying to help before it was even over.

DragonChaser likes this.
  15. Mysticsnow

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That really sucks, I hope you are doing ok just know I am here if you ever wanna talk.

16. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, I appreciate it.

17. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes that’s just the way these things are. It doesn’t mean you did anything wrong.

Start off small and try and do or say one nice thing about yourself a day starting now. It will be really hard at first but it will get easier

18. TinyWerewolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a decent ear for music I guess... this feels so weird and foreign...

I wish it wasn't this way, but I guess everything was stacked against us in the first place. My close friends were right. I was a fool to think this would work. It's my own damn fault I'm hurting now.

19. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes, it's easier to think we screwed up than it is to realize that random things can suddenly happen that will hurt us. You know, the weird thing is, it actually hurts us more. Our minds build the easiest neural pathways possible. So, if we're used to control, it'll build off the idea that we could've controlled more than we did. But if that was true, we would've done it.

I'm not condemning the idea of learning from ones missteps or endeavoring to minimize ones shortcomings, but I wouldn't recommend beating yourself up to try to feel better about this. Learn from it, certainly, but don't kick the crap out of your already broken heart for it. Trust me when I say it doesn't help, at all, and never has.

20. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have to try and stop circling back round to blaming yourself. There is a saying better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. Perhaps the odds were stacked against it but you never know unless you try and for a while it sounds like it made you really happy.

That sounds like a good start to the nice things about yourself. Make sure you keep it up.

Rayland likes this.