1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by osaario, Nov 10, 2021.

1. osaario

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a transgender boy who has been closeted for a while now. I had an extremely early puberty (It started when I was 5 years old) and I've been having gender dysphoria since I was really young. I'm a teenager and currently I'm only out to my closest friends: No teachers, no classmates, and no family of course. However, it seems it just keeps getting worse and worse, now that cisgender guys are starting to go through puberty too. I live with my father and my younger sister. I don't know if my sister would care (I doubt so), but my father is the problem. My father is a really strict man, and really conservative. He's not religious, but he has mentioned his hatred torward the LGBT community too many times to ignore it.

What should I do? Be brave and try it out before my gender dysphoria drives me insane, or should I wait a few years more? Should I tell my teachers?

I'm new here, and sorry if my English is wrong, it's not my first language.

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    osaario.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ Welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: Don't worry about your English, it's excellent. French is my second language and I wish it was as good as your English is! :old_big_grin: You ask a very difficult question. Since you're 14 years old it's going to be some time before you are legally an adult. Keeping your secret while dealing with dysphoria is going to be really difficult. But having to deal with your fathers anger if you come out to him will also be a really difficult situation. My first thought is that you shouldn't try to do this by your yourself. You are going to need the support of others. Those friends that you are out to would be a good starting place. Somehow you really need to find adults that you can trust who will stand up for you. Those teachers who where kind and caring would be a good place to start. You can hope that they aren't all homophobes. Take things one step at a time. There will be rough times, but there will also be good times. Hold on and remember that the goal is a life that will make you happier than you've ever been before.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

osaario and Rayland like this.
  3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    osaario.....Have you watched youtube videos that talk about trans FtM? There is a good one that I have watched, his name is Alex Bertie. He has recorded his transition from before he even started any thing all the way to when he has finished top surgery and gone as far as he intends to go. There are others too, but he would be a good place to start. He even has a book that he wrote that talks about his transition and everything that he went through. I have a copy and it's good. Several of the FtM youtubers have also posted their contact info so you could even get in touch with them. Just a thought I had that might help you! Please keep in touch with us about your situation...remember you are a part of our LGBTQIA+ Family and we do care! :old_big_grin:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

4. osaario

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I might start watching that youtuber you recommend. Thanks for your advice :slight_smile:

5. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am in the same situation with my father. He is conservative and has showned his disapproval towards lgbtq+ community as well. I know how hard that is. Sending hugs.

Alex Bertie videos are good. I have watched them as well, so recommending them too. They are very helpful.

#5 Rayland, Nov 21, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2021