1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thank you- Signed up in 2015

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by sabrinaa, Nov 19, 2021.

1. sabrinaa

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, I signed up to this website in 2015 and just want to say thanks for how much it has helped and how far I've come. Haven't signed on since 2019.

For anyone new here I just want to say it will all make sense in time. Be patient. I never thought in a million years I'd finally fit into myself and accept myself, but I have, and so will you. It's a journey, a process.

I started out really questioning everything and was very afraid, it was terrifying. I went through a lot and self harm. I was never going to tell a single soul I liked women. I am very much at peace with myself now, I am a lesbian and very comfortable with that. I am not afraid and look forward to a beautiful future with a woman. I still have some hurdles, but my weight feels so much lighter.

I can breathe a lot better and I have more love for myself. A lot of it was thanks to the people here. I had no one to talk to. Thoughts burdening my mind, eating me alive. I was so lost, but felt safe and comfortable to come here with any question weighing heavy on me. No matter how "dumb" the question felt there was always someone here who was kind and helpful and understood.

The cliché is true "It gets better", it does. A lot of the "secrets to life are hidden under the word cliché "

Thanks, this is probably my last post here.

mnguy, Drizzle, out2019 and 9 others like this.
  2. caden0803

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    People like you are an inspiration.

sabrinaa likes this.
  3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    sabrinaa.....Thanks so much for coming back to give us an update! :old_smile: It helps a lot when people who have been helped by Empty Closets come back by and share a little of their story so that those who are currently struggling can see that there is hope! It encourages those of us on the staff too! Please don't make this your last post...drop back by again in a few years...we'd love to hear from you again!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

sabrinaa and BiGemini87 like this.
  4. BiGemini87

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is wonderful to hear! I hope this isn't truly your last post here, but if it is, I'm glad the people of EC were able to help you in your time of need. Happy trails--may you find much love and prosperity. :slight_smile:

quebec and sabrinaa like this.
  5. sabrinaa

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, I understand the value in the hopeful stories! I'll update someday again! Thank you for being a staff member!

BiGemini87 likes this.
  6. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is wonderful to hear such an affirming story such as yours. Indeed there is light at the end of the tunnel and it’s not an oncoming train. There is life and happiness at the end of the journey of acknowledging and living your same sex attraction.