1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some positives to my story

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by masterofnone, Nov 14, 2021.

1. masterofnone

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    some of you may have read my posts on here. i identify as straight and suffer with ocd around my sexuality.
    id say this was triggered by one of my best friends coming out to me on new years (it didnt become an obsession until like 2 months later as i got into a relationship with a girl). it made me realise how little i actually care about people’s orientation. before he came out to me i wouldn’t say i was homophobic, rather i just didn’t really think i could be friends with a gay person because of the way society has stereotyped them as hyper feminine and stuff like that. but i realised it truly wasn’t that big of a deal (to me at least). now as my ocd has latched onto my sexuality it’s made me realise how hard it must be for people truly struggling with their own sexuality. it’s made me come to sites like these and be more sympathetic to the struggles of lgbt people. before all this id kinda use homophobic slurs occasionally (not to actual gay people just kinda derogatorily if that makes sense) and now i get kinda funny if friends use words like that. i wish people could just be with who they truly want to be with, without judgement. just thought i’d post something positive coz i’m always posting negative stuff

Lemony, quebec, Chip and 2 others like this.
  2. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad some good came of your OCD in this respect. If it's helped you to better understand what LGBT folk go through with their personal struggles and allowed you to empathize with them, that's great--and something the world needs more of, I think. That said, I wouldn't wish your struggle with OCD on anyone, seeing how much it makes you (and others suffering from the same affliction) question your own reality.

I hope you're able to find the help you need and continue entering into discussions like this one. :slight_smile:

3. Obliteratrix47

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm proud that you're improving your OCD. It takes time to recover and feel peaceful again.

masterofnone likes this.
  4. Sadness

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    We have very simmilar stories, everything started for me bc a friend came out as gay.

But i agree with the fact that i learned a lot of different things and im not as ignorant as i was before.

Good to know you are doing good, hope you get even better

Obliteratrix47 and masterofnone like this.