1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Cat Biscuit

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by quebec, Oct 23, 2021.

1. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Over the years we have had quite a few pets. Our kids had pets of their own that were "adopted" as family pets...everything from cats, fish and guinea pigs to rabbits. When the kids grew up and moved out we decided that when their pets passed that we wouldn't have any more. That way we wouldn't be tied down by finding someone to care for the pet when we traveled, etc. Then in July 2020 some "kind" people dropped a six-week old kitten off on our front lawn. She found her way to our patio and being the soft-hearted people that we are, we fed her and cared for her. And so we adopted...or were adopted by "Biscuit" who has become a permanent part of our family. Me, my wife and Biscuit. She is adorable and has made it very clear that she is indeed part of the family. I was never much of a pet person...that has changed. While she is primarily an outside cat, I do bring her inside to my office where she sleeps on a corner of my desk. I'm amazed at the companionship that has developed between us. She wakes up every once in a while and I give her a few kitty treats. Sometimes after her treats she will curl up in my lap and snuggle her head in the crook of my arm and sleep there for 15-20 minutes before going back to her desk corner. Just having her there on my desk has had an amazing effect on me. When I'm frustrated and she is there on my desk, I talk to her, pet her and before long I am in a much better mood! I'm wondering if there are EC members out there who have similar experiences? Does your relationship with a pet help you through difficult times? I think that the people who dropped Biscuit off on our lawn had no idea how much of a blessing she has turned out to be for us and especially for me! :old_smile:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

#1 quebec, Oct 23, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That’s lovely, @quebec. :slight_smile:

We always had cats in our house, but don’t currently have a pet. I had a dog once, which I also really loved. I’d quite like a dog again - I go for a walk every day and it would be nice to have a four-legged friend to take with me. As you say, they are a commitment, but completely worth it.

3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a sweet story.

I grew up with having pets in my house. At one point we had 3 dogs, 2 cats, ducks and a bunny. 2 of the dogs were basically like wolves and 3rd one was tiny and the 3rd dog was one who was closest to me, because he was with me since I was little. He caused a lot of messes and was a funny dog and liked to escape from yard and go on adventure and he always came back home.

That was long, long time ago. Back then, there were other homless dogs near my house, who just came to play with us and we even had names for them.

I haven't seen any dog breed similar to the dog I had since. I was devastated, when he passed. He had black and yellow fur.

4. tidalpool127

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad that Biscuit found you, sounds like all of you lucked out that day. I grew up with two cats and fish. Now my husband and I have 2 dogs and fish. The older girl is more my dog, she and I are very alike in personality, namely drama queens who love to cuddle. She is too big for a lap dog but she will get up on the couch next to me and snuggle up and she "purrs" too. It's actually grunts, but she does it in the cadence of a cat purring. She always seems to know when I need cheering up. Our other dog is great too and such a ham. He is more of my husband's pet and follows him everywhere. I think pets enhance people's lives and are especially important for children as they teach both responsibility and empathy.

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My grandparents/dad lived in the rural outskirts of a big city, and over the years people would drop a animals off for them too :/ I'm glad she's been such a positive impact on y'all :slight_smile:

6. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello All....This will be short as Biscuit is in my lap as I write this! It's hard to type when she is insisting that I pet her under her chin! Anyway...thanks for the comments!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: