1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News 14 Microaggressions LGBTQ People Deal With All The Time

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Lek, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Lek

Lek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    An interesting article "14 Microaggressions LGBTQ People Deal With All The Time."

“LGBTQ people are often pathologized in overt and covert ways,” Kevin Nadal — a professor of psychology at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice and author of That’s So Gay! Microaggressions and the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community — told HuffPost. “For example, asking a woman if she has a husband or a boyfriend — hence, presuming her heterosexuality — or telling a bisexual that they’d probably be happier if they they chose a heterosexual relationship.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/microaggressions-lgbtq-people-deal-with_l_60c12080e4b059c73bd556e2

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    People even ask guys that and it's sooo uncomfortable. I only want to talk about the mechanics of sex or how I choose to have it, with one person. I do not know what strangers/acquaintances are thinking when they think that is appropriate to ask.

I'd also like to present #15, people calling your bf/gf a "friend". Repeatedly. It's been years :/

3. stump405

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "What do you mean by that????" is about to become my new catchphrase. :relieved:

4. Lek

Lek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At my university, Lesbian and Gay Association did dorm visits. Whenever a guy would ask a lesbian how they had sex, she would respond with "How do you have sex?" Not one red-faced smart aleck answered.