1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello World

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Paul101, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Paul101

Paul101 Guest

Hi all
    Firstly I would like to thank everyone who makes this place possible, as it is the first time I have felt like I could speak openly about my sexuality and the confusion I am facing with it.

I am a middle aged divorced father of two great kids, an amazing daughter and equally amazing trans son. I have only ever been in straight relationships but ever since I was a teenager I have felt an undercurrent of attraction to people of all sexuality and gender status. I find that if someones personality is attractive to me I have deep and strong feelings for them be they male or female.

I have been busy as a single father for the past 10 years and have been single for the whole time trying to ignore my sexuality. I am now determined to get to the bottom of who I am and work out how my life changes to accommodate this.

Look forward to talking to some of you on here and helping/being help by you.

Thanks - Paul x

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Paul and welcome to EC.

I hope that you find the support you are looking for here.

3. Suitsme

Suitsme Guest

Hi Paul!.... Welcome!

Sounds like you’re well on your way in your journey of self discovery! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I was 38 when I came out because like you, I was busy bringing up my son so I pushed my sexuality/gender issues to one side. I’m 51 now. (Time flies!)

Im glad you joined!! :slight_smile: By the way... thanks for being such a supportive parent to your trans son :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, and welcome to EC :slight_smile:

5. Paul101

Paul101 Guest

Hi Suitsme, thanks for the warm welcome. It is a big step to start to face my sexual needs public so all support is greatly appreciated.
    I am really interested in gender and gender identity and noticed yours is down as Androgyne. If it's not too intrusive I love to know more about that and any resources you may think would be helpful. Since my son came out as trans I have been reflecting on some of my behaviours around gender over the years and wondering how it effects my sexuality as I am sure the two are linked.

Great to meet you - Paul x

6. R3TR0

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Paul!

It’s lovely to have you! I’m sure you’ll find all the support and backing you need here.

:hearts:

7. Paul101

Paul101 Guest

thanks AimLew it is so amazing to be talking to people like you who are already further on their journey. x

8. Tuesdayok

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome.....this is a great forum for all. I am a single mom of a teenage girl who has openly shared her bisexuality with me, roughly 2 years ago. It was a journey she had been having personally & something deeply private. Her telling me changed nothing. Just was a relief for her to know she has my complete support. I just told her thank you for being so courageous in telling me, & as long as she is respectful that’s all that matters.

#8 Tuesdayok, May 26, 2021
    Last edited: May 26, 2021
  9. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Paul.....Hello and a great big LGBTQ+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There is a sub-forum here on EC that is titled "Gender Expression and Identity". If you post there I think you'll find people who will understand how you feel and will be able to offer support and understanding! :old_big_grin: We are so glad that you have found us here on EC!
    …..David :gay_pride_flag:

10. Paul101

Paul101 Guest

Hi Tuesdayok thanks for the shout out and for sharing. I am a single parent too. My son moved in with me a few years ago after he found it difficult living with his mom after coming out as trans. He has been on a heck of a journey and the overspill from that has given me the courage to face up to the fact that I am gay. The last few weeks have been incredible for me. I feel a sense of relief and, to be cliched, like a new man. Hope things are going well with you.

Paul x

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to Empty Closets, Paul. :slight_smile:

12. Paul101

Paul101 Guest

Hi Mirko - thanks for the welcome, and for wonderfully open place for a very confused but happy man to have a place to freak out openly, and honestly.

Paul x