1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

um... Hi?!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Tori D, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Tori D

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there! I am sorry for starting a little bit shy, but I was having a problem accepting myself until a year ago and I was even worried to sign up for this community but decided to give it a try and finally be with people like me and meet new friends :slight_smile:

I am Bi and I wasn't accepting it for a long time, but I decided that there was no point in hiding it from myself. After I accepted it, I felt better, but this also meant a heavier lie for my family. I am not lying to them for the first time, but it feels harder to keep that secret now, as I accepted it. They are not the supportive type and they are 100% homophobes, which means that I can never tell them.

Actually to be honest (Here is the first place I admit something else, that I was finer with it than being Bi(I don't have an explanation for that)) but I think I am Trans as, I have always hated my female body, my voice, always loved to wear male clothing and have always felt better to think myself as a man than as a woman. After I cut my hair short, few times I've been mistaken as he, and I didn't even saw it as a problem and even liked it. Probably I am messed up, but hey... everybody has something that differs them from the others.. Right? (And here it is my coming out as a trans to you- you are the first one to know 0_0' )

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry that your family are likely to be unaccepting, but well done on finding some acceptance in yourself and opening up on here. Those are both big steps.

You might like to take a look at the Gender Identity and Expression subforum and perhaps start your own thread there too.

I hope that you find EC to be supportive and helpful.

#2 LostInDaydreams, Apr 17, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  3. Tori D

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Thank you! I will check that subform out ; ) ! I am still Q? it but almost sure, but I hope I will find some answers here in EC.

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jason.....Hello and a great big LGBTQ+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There is a sub-forum here on EC that is titled “Gender Identity and Expression”. If you post there I think you'll find people who will understand how you feel and will be able to offer support and understanding! :old_big_grin: I'm so sorry that your family offers you no support. You are a part of our LGBTQ+ Family and we will support you...we do care! We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

5. Paul101

Paul101 Guest

Hi Jason - I'm new here (this is my first post) I share some of your feelings around admitting to myself who I might be. I have a trans son who came out two years ago. I accepted it straight away (although TBH I sort of knew something was going on) but his Mum has struggled to accept it and he is no longer talking to her. It sounds like you have a difficult road ahead, but like you said finding this place will help. I have been struggling now for the past year and finding out about EC has given me some hope of meeting people who can help me.
    Good luck Jason I really hope you find the courage to get to where you need to be, if every you think I could be of help please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Paul x