1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by railfan, Mar 7, 2021.

1. railfan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone. I'm a gay guy from the San Francisco Bay Area. As my username may imply, I love trains and this is an important part of my identity.

Anyway, I'm looking to build some community with LGBTQ+ folks, and, I'm hoping I could post somewhere on here to get advice on a fetish (or more specifically, accepting the physical and emotional responses that come with my fetish). Is this something that is allowed here?

Railfan

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC. It's good to have you on board.

My best advice is to look around the forum and join in. We get out of EC what we put in and it's participation that helps to build up that sense of community.

As to your question about fetishes... you are allowed to ask about these things providing it's for the purposes of seeking advice, information, help or support and providing it's safe and legal. Your question suggests you are seeking help with accepting physical and emotional responses that come with your fetish, so that would normally be okay. If you would like to send me a quick message about the subject first I can let you know for sure. Just click on my profile name and you should be able to send me a message from there.

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    railfan.....Hello and a great big LGBTQ+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There are a number of sub-forums here on EC...why don't you check them out and then feel free to join in the conversations! I agree with @PatrickUK, you can message anyone by posting on their Profile Page. There is another option that you might want to consider as we do have members here on Empty Closets as young as 13 years old. Any member can send a Private Message to a staff member. Normally both parties to a Private Message have to be Full Members, but if the message is to a staff member then there is no problem. We will do our best to be a support and a place to vent when you need it! We are so glad that you have found us here on EC!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

4. railfan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, the age thing is what I was wondering about, as my topic is perhaps somewhat "adult", though I don't think it's going to scar anyone for life (and, personally, I think our society is far too uptight about sexuality and my topic doesn't really deserve to be labeled as inappropriate for teens in IMHO). Is there any sort of Not Safe For Work label or anything else that I can apply to the other thread?

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The main thing to bear in mind is that Empty Closets is a community support forum for LGBT people over the age of 13. We don't wrap our members in cotton wool and the moderators prefer a light touch approach. Topics of a sexual nature are acceptable and welcome, providing it's legal and there is reason and context to what is being posted, e.g. advice, support or information is being requested or shared. If people are just 'fishing' to see who is into their sexual preferences or kinks that wouldn't be acceptable because it's not posted with the intention of seeking or building community support. There are plenty of other spaces online for that kind of conversation. It's for the same sort of reasons that we don't allow bulge, boob or nude images on the forum.

In summary, if it's about building community and sharing reliable information or seeking advice and support, it's good.

The Code of Conduct https://emptyclosets.com/home/pages/welcome/code-of-conduct.php provides a more detailed summary, but it's all reasonable and fairly basic stuff, intended to keep things pleasant and safe.

6. Embarassed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi. It hasn't been easy for me to deal with my fetishes. As much excitement as they bring me, they also bring me a lot of shame. But I've more-or-less learned to accept them. I would be happy to chat privately with you, if you would like. Meanwhile, be strong and affirm you who are!

H

7. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC,

Just so you know, as regular members you will be able to chat via profile wall messages, which requires you both to have posted 10 messages on the forum (i.e. a message count of 10 or more). These messages are visible to other members.

When you have posted at least 50 messages and have been a member for at least two weeks, you can apply to be a full member. As a full member, you will be able to PM with other full members.

I hope that helps. :slight_smile: