1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might be FTM trans

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by NoName1997, Apr 14, 2021.

1. NoName1997

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hi. This is very scary as no one except my therapist knows I am questioning my gender. I have known I was bi since middle school and I’ve happily dating a girl for 5 years. Ever since I could remember I never felt like my body or face were my own or that my name was my own. I feel the most like myself when I have short hair and where baggy clothes or button ups. I feel so overwhelmed and just want to talk to other people who have been through this or are currently going through this. Thank you

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi NoName, welcome to EC.

Feel free to check out the other forums, and I hope to see you around. :slight_smile:

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    NoName1997.....Hello and a great big LGBTQ+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There is a sub-forum here on EC that is titled “Gender Identity and Expression”. If you post there I think you'll find people who will understand how you feel and will be able to offer support and understanding! :old_big_grin: We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

4. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi and welcome to EC.:slight_smile:

I hope you find the support that you’re looking for here.

5. Suitsme

Suitsme Guest

Hi and welcome!

I was born female, and all throughout my life I felt like something wasn’t quite right. I was always more on the masculine side and wanted short hair, jeans, tees, etc etc. I never felt comfortable with dresses, nail varnish, high heels etc etc

I don’t particularly like my female body but I grew to accept it as long as I’m not wearing clothes that accentuate female curves. I tend to wear fun guy’s t shirts usually with cartoon characters on the front. When I need to be smart I’m in a suit with a shirt.

At age 38 I began to recognise that I’m not entirely female but never wanted to transition to male either. I feel like I’m in the middle of the gender scale. I drove myself insane trying to figure out my correct gender label.

Then I got to a point where I told myself to forget labels and just be myself. I’m happy to wear what a I want to wear and be who I am. If I want to wear perfume I’ll wear it, if I want to wear aftershave I’ll wear it. I wear black eye liner and BB cream with a hint of colour.

I’m 51 now and I identify as non binary.

When you think about clothes though.... they shouldn’t be made for specific genders. Everyone should be able to wear what they like. The same for fragrances. Society has placed everything into categories, with “this” for females and “that” for males... it’s utter madness!

Hope this helps, even if it’s in some small way. You’ll get plenty of advice and feedback in the relevant section of the forum. Many are in the same boat as you and it’s good to chat to others who have felt/feel the same :slight_smile:

Good luck on your journey of self discovery :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

6. shadowgeek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am FTM trans and i'm out so if you need to talk hmu and we can chat anytime you want.