1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey, so I'm new and I'm looking for friends...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Yashi, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Yashi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi my name is ya-shy-la aka Yashi. I'm 16 years old and I'm a junior in highschool. I'm writing a story abt mental health and I wanted to include a trans character. I personally don't know any trans people, so I'd like to make some new friends and trade experiences and stories on here. I genuinely want to make new friends here as I am pansexual and I'm not out at all. So yea I'd really like to make friends. If you're interested, pls hmu I'd love to get to know you :slight_smile:

2. MoonKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey Yashi,
    I'm new here too, but i soon found out that this platform is so cool..! I'm also 16 and looking for friends. I think it's really cool how you're writing a story about mental health, I also love to write so we have that in common xD. Hope your story ends up being everything you wanted :slight_smile:

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yashi.....Hello and a great big LGBTQ+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: There are a number of sub-forums here on EC...why don't you check them out and then feel free to join in the conversations! We will do our best to be a support and a place to vent when you need it! :old_big_grin: We are so glad that you have found us here on EC!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag:

4. Yashi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks so much! I'm sorry for the late reply I havent been on technology recently. I'm glad you like to write, I love to talk about writing, do you want to be friends?? I'd love to private message you if that's cool!! :slight_smile:

5. MoonKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You can private message me!!! And it's okay about the technology thing, i'm focussing more on my art so am also trying to cut out some screen time :grin:

6. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi,

Just so you know, as regular members you will be able to chat via profile wall messages, which requires you both to have posted 10 messages on the forum (i.e. a message count of 10 or more). These messages are visible to other members.

When you have posted at least 50 messages and have been a member for at least two weeks, you can apply to be a full member. As a full member, you will be able to PM with other full members.

:slight_smile:

7. Yashi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    looks like it's a little more complicated to private chat than I thought. I wasn't expecting to have to do so much :cold_sweat:

8. MoonKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Likewise, guess we'll just have to stick to quoting and chat via wall messaging for now :anguished:

9. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    @MoonKid & @Yashi.....Yes we do have that requirement to be able to Private Message. It's not meant to make it difficult, we just want to be sure that members who can PM each other have established that they understand what EC is all about, that it doesn't turn into a hookup site and that it's a safe place as we do have members as young as 13 years old. There's a bit more to it than that, but that pretty much covers the main concerns. I do hope that the two of you do become friends and that you also find other friends here on Empty Closets! :old_smile: I have several friend members from other parts of the world that I exchange messages with and we normally just post the messages on the Profile Page. Anyway...we're really glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can be a help when you need it and a friend too! :old_big_grin:

10. MoonKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I completely understand the requirements to be able to private message, it's so much safer than most sites and in some way the system here actually makes me feel safe about posting my thoughts and private messaging etc, i'm so enjoying EC so far :grin::gay_pride_flag:

11. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    MoonKid.....I'm glad that you feel safe here on EC and that you are also enjoying your time here! :old_smile:

12. jaxyu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, Yashi! I'm in high school too. I love to read and it'd be so cool to see some of your work sometime! I'm still a reg member at this point, but we should definitely talk! I'm a trans guy, so I'd love to share my experiences with you to help you write your story and hopefully become friends :slight_smile: