1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Books, movies, or tv?!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by jeneralez, Feb 19, 2021.

1. jeneralez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When it comes to LGBT in entertainment, books/movies/tv specifically, which do you prefer to take in? Do you prefer to read the details, or see them played out on screen?

Reason: I've been working on something that doesn't quite have a firm direction. Still in its early stages of development, yet it needs some input.

Reason for my reason: There's not enough LGBT representation in entertainment...and what is out there is generally frustrating in it's inaccuracies. We spend HOURS repeatedly searching through every streaming service out there, every single platform that delivers entertainment...only to be let down by the same old stuff. Lesbians who fall in love with their teachers, lesbians who fall in love with their aunts (?!), lesbians who fall for the guy, lesbians who can't act, bored straight women who lust for a lesbian, housewives who fall for the neighbor. (Sorry guys, I don't watch many gay films, also part of the reason why I'm putting this up here.)

It's time we have more for us BY US!

2. BlueMonday

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Check out Dennis Cooper. I prefer books.

3. Loves books

There are thousands of decent lesbian books out there. Most of which don’t involve the scenarios you mentioned. However when it comes to movies and tv it’s hard to find something good. I hate a lot of lesbian movies I’ve seen but there a few good ones. There are few tv couples that I’ve liked. I think only one of those shows hasn’t been cancelled yet. I prefer books and always have because I can choose which story to read. I have favorite authors who can be counted on for a good romance and you’re almost guaranteed the twins women will end up together by the end of the book. With shows and movies there is so little available you can watch a story you hate or watch the very little you love.

4. eccentric2

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    why not try the tv series "The Rich Man's Daughter". A good tv series, a truly nice story but dont expect sexy scenes. It portrays the real scenario of a straight who turns to be a lesbian. You can give it a try. Maybe you will love it.

5. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Books. Definitely books. They're far more likely to be written by people who are LGBT themselves and there are a lot of options with more coming out all the time.