1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spiralling once again

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by W1LL, Mar 5, 2021.

1. W1LL

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I dont know where to start, towards the end of last year, i came out to my friends as trans, and towards the very very end of last year, i came out to my family, at first, i was very happy with it but now the doubt is setting back in again

i have moments of feeling as though my preferred pronouns arent the right ones, yet at the same time i dont want to go back to using my old pronouns and any other name than my preferred one, is this..a sign im not trans? or at least not trans male? or is it a sign im cis in denial or somethin?

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    With it just being moments of doubt I would think that it is more fear of the future and fear of how things are going to turn out rather than it being totally wrong for you. You are saying that you are comfortable with the new name and still definitely uncomfortable with the original pronouns, I see this as you are moving in the right direction. Maybe you could be nonbinary instead but it could just be that you need to get used to people actually seeing you as a guy. Only you can be sure of what is right for you though, go ahead and take your time.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is normal to have some doubts. Coming out is a scary process and it can take some time for thing to feel "normal" again to you. I know that for me it was pretty weird at first to hear people call me by my preferred name and pronouns just because it was something that I had hidden for so long. So, I would just keep track of how you are feeling right now.

4. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed with the above posters. You just may not be used to being referred to by your preferred pronouns. If we're being referred to by our given pronouns for our entire lives it can take some getting used to. If you're questioning whether your pronouns fit, you can experiment with pronouns privately in the mirror, or with close friends you're out to.

Also, doubt is quite common among many trans people. I would try to identify where the doubt is coming from, if you are doubting your gender identity, or if it has to do with reactions or expectations from family/society.

5. W1LL

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi guys! sorry for replying slow, i lowkey forgot i made this post, but thank you all so much for your kind words! it means a lot!