1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What’s your unpopular opinion?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whoops meant to post this on the ‘What are you thinking’ thread.

2. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe so but I don't see it. He looks like he needs a good power wash in some photos. I didn't know who he was until a woman I know said she had a big crush on him and I looked him up.

#262 Tightrope, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    White kitchens are bland and overrated.

4. BiGemini87

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably going to annoy someone with this, but bear in mind what thread we're in.

Someone referring to themselves as a bisexual lesbian is redundant, not to mention lends itself to the erasure of both orientations. If you're attracted to more than one gender to the exclusion of cis men and with a preference for women, you're still bisexual/pansexual//omni/etc.

Gods, this shit's getting out of hand lately.

5. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't like that gaming consoles have new generations every few years, because I still use the old system if it still works well. Its so annoying that there could be a new game out that I want but cant buy it because its not in my generation's console. Instead they should update consoles through regular updates, make it so that any new features can be added to one console instead of shelling out 500 bucks to buy a new one every few years, especially because I still play old games even after the new system comes out.

Then theres the argument of "wait until the new gen is on sale", but by the time thats a good price, they're already on the next gen. The whole planned obsolecense thing is annoying af for this.

6. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It’s too early to put up Christmas decorations.

7. Phantom06

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Pineapple belongs on pizza BUT only if it has bbq chicken and bacon on it as well, or terriaki chicken and onion.

the level: the library on halo ce is the best one in the game

frodo baggins is the best character in LotR

8. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Holidays should be banned.

9. BlueMonday

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The pathetic "masc vs femme" debacle is the reason why the gay community will never make any real progress.

10. jessie19

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    in my country we need to wear school uniforms, and i am an advocate for them to have either gender neutral uniforms or let children pick the gender uniform they are happy in.

11. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't forget top vs bottom

12. Chubnative

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That american christianity is a farce. You can't follow christ teachings and be a capitalist.

13. Mysteria

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I can't stand gospel or rap music.

14. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Agree 100%. Let Thanksgiving have its time as well. I have a strict "No Christmas stuff until Thanksgiving night or Friday after".

15. solarcat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    They've already announced the PS5. Meanwhile, the PS4 is still over $400. How much longer will I have to avoid KHIII and FFVII-R spoilers? The problem isn't just that there's a new system every few years, it's that we have to shell out hundreds of dollars just to play a sequel.

16. Loves books

I had that problem. I got the Xbox 360 and a couple of months later the Xbox one was released. My Xbox is now solely used as a DVD player. I then got a wii U. A couple of months later out came the switch. I bought the switch. I also bought the switch version of the game I bought the wii U for. I only have two games for the wii.

One of my most annoying opinions is that I believe it’s a good thing to have Christmas presents bought and wrapped by the end of November. I’m also the only person in my family who gives wrapped gifts. And always more than one. I play Santa making sure everyone has something to unwrap. I’ve been doing it since I had the money to do it.I already have my brother and parents covered for this year. I bought my sister a lush gift set as a surprise but she still hasn’t told me what she wants from me.

17. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can relate so much. Played (and still do) my cohsin's hand-me-down Xbox 360 for years and just bought an Xbox One last year on a really good Black Friday sale, now this year they just announed the Series X version and its just so dumb. Plus I have Disney Infinity on my 360 and the acessories and saves dont transfer to the One version, so thats also anothe reason

Similar thing happened with gamecube and Wii, I upgraded to Wii since I was able to get both Wii games and gamecube for it, then when Wii U was announced with no gamecube compatibility I chose to just stick with the Wii.

I feel like video game companies just assume that people abandon old games after a new system comes out and it just annoys me because if I loved a game on an old system an its not broken, I'll still play it.

18. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its stupid to refer to a child's age in months after their first birthday. All these people who are like "My child is 18 months old". No, your child is one.

I'm 26 (27 next month) do I go around saying I'm 323 months old? No, because that's idiotic, and makes me sound like the biggest dumbass on earth.

(Yes I had to google how old I am in months, I ain't no wiz kid who would just know that lol)

19. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most book to film movies would be better off as animated TV shows. Granted, not always, but I just find it frustrating when directors say something along the lines of "Oh, we couldn't get the main plot points in as the sets didn't allow for it, but we took plot devices from the fifth book and threw them in with the first. I mean, same story right? Anyway, we didn't think the main character was relatable enough so here's a stripped down character who is about as compelling as dried oatmeal".

Can't fit everything in? A series would allow you to do so if you had the funding. If you've taken so much out that you need to invent plot points, or take them from later books which messes up everything, that's a sign you shouldn't be telling this story. Animation would allow for more accurate looking characters, this makes the story easier to follow rather than having an actor who looks nothing like the description and you have to keep reminding yourself that this is the character. Further, you don't have to worry about not having a suitable set as you can animate whatever type of scene you like. However, animation is expensive and it's more of a financial risk than making a movie with a well-known title already. Still, I absolutely hate it when movie directors decide "Ooh! Let's take this story, completely change it so it suits my tastes, and relax as pre-existing fans come to see it. Win-win". No. Stop it.

20. Loves books

I agree. My mother wants to turn our kitchen white and I’m going to try and talk her out of it.