1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a crush on someone I probably shouldn’t have a crush on...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cocoaspice, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Cocoaspice

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There’s this girl. (And no the problem is not that she is a girl.) And she’s in this advanced math class I go to once a week. The math class is about three hours. And I have a crush on her. It’s an algebra 2 math class and I am just barely 13 and where I live Algebra 2 is three grades ahead of what my grade is learning. So that makes her at least 16. I haven’t met her in person, we do math class virtually because of Covid. She’s from Russia and just moved to America in March to live with her dad. Her parents are divorced. And she is really nice. And she’s pretty. And smart. But probably straight. Not to mention she’s at least sixteen. Please convince me that having a crush on her is dumb.

2. Renegades

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wouldn't say your crush is dumb. There's nothing wrong with catching feelings for someone with an age difference. When I was 14 having just started high school, I developed a massive crush on a girl who was 18 and a senior. We were in band together, she was drum major, and I was in awe of her and could never bring myself to talk to her. Which is definitely a good thing, cause at that period in my life I should not have been pursuing anyone with such a massive age and maturity difference anyway.

So no, I don't think your crush is dumb. Its natural to be attracted to someone, especially when they are a little older, a little more mysterious. Given your age and maturity difference it is definitely not something to be pursued, but you are not dumb or in the wrong for being attracted to her. Everyone gets those crushes that we will never be able to have. You can enjoy the butterflies and light feeling, just as long as you know that it can never be, at least until said age gap were to become more appropriate over time.

3. mlansing

Ah, to be young and in love. I remember being a freshman in high school (14) and having the biggest crushes on a couple cute boys who were seniors. What you are experiencing is normal at your age, so long as you don’t expect anything to come from it.

Allow yourself the inner awakening this person brings you, and one day when you are old enough you will meet someone whom you can be with and who will return your feelings and attractions :slight_smile:

4. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Good for you! It sounds like you are trying to support someone new to US and dealing with virus. Give yourself a pat on the back! Seriously.
    Having a crush is never wrong. Wrong is pushing yourself to the point you make the other feel scared.
    From your description I can understand why you are attracted to her. She sounds amazing!!
    But, as I said you must remember new country (new language?) and virus. Telling her now you have a crush may have the opposite effect of what you desire. Be her friend. The best of relationships begin as friendships. Don’t pressure her. If this is meant to be it will happen. And, if not, you have a new friend.
    If you want to talk, I am here.
    ((momhugs))