1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Disney87, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Disney87

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone I'm new here.

I'm 33 from the Brighton,UK area. I suffer with mental health and low self esteem. Seems to have always been an issue since childhood but got worse in my adult years. Been out a long time but never quite accepted myself. Great at helping others but not myself. I struggle to make friends and feel the time is now to enjoy life before its to late.

Looking to make friends who I can have a laugh with and enjoy life.

Hope your all well and staying safe

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi @Disney87 and welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

I hope that you enjoy bring a part of the the EC community and find the support that you are looking for.

Just a note to say that sharing any information that could be used to identify you is not permitted in the public areas of the forum (e.g. threads, wall posts, etc). This kind of information can only shared via PM between full members. You are, of course, welcome to make friends and communicate with them anonymously on EC.

3. Lucy Marie

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey there, are you a big Disney fan? Do you have a favorite character? Me? Eeyore.
    There are plenty here who have experienced similar situations. They can be an amazing support system. I am here for support ((momhugs)), but if you want to talk I want to listen.
    Most people find it easier to accept anyone’s flaws than their own. We all need to be kinder to ourselves! Have you been able to see a professional?
    I have moved a lot as an adult know how it gets more difficult to develop relationships as we get older. This stupid virus has made it even more difficult. The one bright side for most is the internet and the ability to connect that way. Again, this site can help. Go have some fun playing some of the word games. Go and read through other posts to get a feel for EC and how you fit in.
    You are very welcomed and I look forward to getting to know you better.
    ((momhugs))

4. R3TR0

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello!!!

I absolutely LOVE Brighton! You know, I attended Pride with my family in Brighton last year and I cried and it was that event that made me think I HAVE TO TELL SOMEONE THAT I’M GAY! - Still took a while to do it but I did eventual to some!

Welcome to EC!!! - I’m 28 F from London! Were you born in Brighton, or did you move there?

Amz

❤️

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Disney87.....Hello and a great big welcome to Empty Closets! There are a lot of really great people here on EC and now there is one more! :old_smile: There are quite a few subforums here on EC...check them out and when you find one that "fits" you don't hesitate to join in the conversation. We are glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets! Remember that you are a part of our LGBTQ+ Family and that we do care!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: