1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Miyo, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Miyo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Im a minor however live in an area with a lot of homophobes, transphibes and so on. But I also know a few people who are either closeted and I know some people who are out but i would still like to make a group where younger people who are allies and or part of the lgbtq+ community. However I don't really know how I would do that. I am normally pretty shy in person so I don't really know how to communicate well. That can get in the way also another issue is the people in my community

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's nice of you to want to create a support group for your fellow LGBTQ peers. It's possible that a group already exists in your area. We don't discuss specific groups in user's areas publicly because we try to maintain anonymity on Empty Closets, but if you can't find any you can reach out to a staff member via PM or the Ask The Staff subforum and we can try to help you.

Schools sometimes have a Gay/Straight Alliance club (or at least in the Midwest they do), so maybe check that out to see if there's a group for people around your age.

3. Miyo

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you! I appreciate the advice!

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Miyo.....Hello and a very big welcome to Empty Closets! It's becoming more common for schools to have a gay-straight alliance club. You could check to see if your school has one. Also, many communities have LGBTQ+ support centers...that's another thing that you could check on. You already took the first step in becoming a member of Empty Closets. There are a lot of great people here who will do their best to help you with any questions that you might have. Check out the resources that may be available in your community and also stay in touch with us here on EC. Remember, you are a part of our LGBTQ+ Family and we do care! Please keep us updated on how things go for you!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: