1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non binary and a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Marss, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Marss

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone, thanks for clicking.

My friend has just come out as a lesbian (She/her/they them) but has started questioning her gender identity and natural sexual attractions to certain people. She’d like to ask if it’s valid enough to be non binary but only attracted to women (cis, trans ) and AFAB people? my friend likes the thought of mostly dating AFAB non binary people because it really helps with her dysphoria, similar experiences. etc ✨

Be cool to hear your thoughts on this, stay safe! x

2. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it is valid to have whatever identity someone has and it is also valid to be attracted to whoever they are.

Some people are pretty hardcore on definitions so that lesbian is only a female identified person who is also attracted to females (some are even more constricted than that and insist that both parties be AFAB)

Possibly it could be easier if they use the labels as nonbinary and gynephilic which while some may not like the specificity does describe their identity and their attraction to feminine parties.

3. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It doesn't matter if you're AFAB or AMAB, binary trans or non-binary, attracted to men or attracted to women, you are still valid. And she doesn't necessarily have to put a label on it if it's too confusing.