1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexuality Is A Very Complicated Thing

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by TheJack, Feb 16, 2020.

1. TheJack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After my experience with a dude and an event with a person I know, I feel that I've been coming at sexuality in a such a naive way that has lead to confusion. After looking back at past civilizations such as rome and greece, I've found that the way we're approaching sexuality is probably really flawed.

I think that a lot of people see sexuality as something that is always fixed and you have to follow in order follow the label you assign yourself is probably a really asinine thing to do in retrospect and we should probably take on a more looser form of how we view sexuality. I feel that we should probably just start using orientation terms as something akin to guidelines than a rule. Like, there are some gay people in the world that actually do have some attraction to the opposite sex and some of them even enjoy sex with them, maybe not enough to where they would do it all the time or again. There are some straight people out there who have same sex experiences and speak about them fondly.

I think this idea of having to only fit in these categories in order to be one thing is probably what makes people confused on both sides when they find someone of the same gender or opposite gender attractive.

"I'm straight, but this guy/gal is really cute"
    "I'm gay, but sometimes I have straight fantasies and find some people of opposite gender sexy"
    Like it's whatever dude. Do what makes you happy. You wanna get a boyfriend, get a boyfriend, you wanna get a girlfriend, get a girlfriend. Just don't feel like you have to check all the boxes to be considered something.

tl;dr
    none of this matters and have sex with whoever want even if your label contradicts that a bit.

#1 TheJack, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Tightrope likes this.
  2. hatemylife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    But does finding someone attractive mean that you wanna have sex with them? Hell nah

3. LaurenSkye

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This is so true. Sadly, for the most part society wants some sort of label and for that label to remain the same. And it's not just true with sexuality. For some people, the same can be said when it comes to gender. As I have said about myself, "Sometimes I feel like an Almond Joy, sometimes I feel like a Mounds" (Almond Joy's got nuts, Mounds doesn't...get it?)

4. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I checked into your thread because the title is "sexuality is a very complicating thing." It is.

Some people want labels or adopt labels. Maybe this helps shape their identity and helps them find community somewhere. OTOH, some people don't want labels. They don't feel the labels fit them very well. What most people have in common is that they have attractions and they have sexual needs. People are way more sexual than they are labels.

5. TheJack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Exactly. I feel that the romans had the right idea about sexuality. (except for the pederasty and bottom-shaming) There was no gay or straight, it was just people having sex.