1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all bi/queer/pan people!

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Chocolate Cake, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Chocolate Cake

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I have a quick question!

I'm wondering if I'm not alone in this: does loving different genders feel different? So, loving a guy and loving a girl would feel different, even if it is both in the same way?

I've been questioning myself for awhile now, as to whether I'm really bisexual. But I've come to the conclusion that maybe it just feels different, even if it is equally romantic (I'm definitely sexually attracted to both).

If I were to try and describe the difference I would compare it to drinks. Falling in love with a guy is like lemonade: it's fizzy, sweet, and instant. Falling in love with a girl is like wine: it's rich, warm and slower - and then suddenly all at once. (I have yet to fall in love with a nonbinary/genderqueer person, but I'll update you if that happens : P)

#1 Chocolate Cake, Dec 4, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  2. alyxya

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I identify as a lesbian but my girlfriend is bisexual and she's told me many times that being in relationship with a man or a woman feels different. So is experiencing attraction towards one gender or the other, which is why, depending on how she feels in a specific period of time, her attraction to the genders varies. At least that's her experience :slight_smile:

3. Chocolate Cake

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks for the response! It's nice to know I am not alone in this, haha. I guess it makes sense for people to be experience love differently when a different gender is involved, after all. :slight_smile:

4. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me it does. Girls are extremely sexy to me in an adorable kind of way. Men are attractive to me in more a handsome, masculine way. A lot of it has to do with the role you'd be expected (to some degree) to play in different types of relationships. At least that's the way I see it.

5. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's definitely different and I definitely get a different experience dating men than dating women. There is fun in both but yes, the way the teasing is done and the outcome are often quite a world apart. I am personally more into women but regardless, I think women and men are different in the way they interact with the people they fancy and therefore my reaction to it /them is different.