1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions on BigMouth. the good, bad, and fugly

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Samantha D, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Samantha D

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I recently binged through the new netflix show Big Mouth. I am curious to see what normal people think of the show, because all the ratings i found were evangelists claiming the show is sadism.

Lets hear them reviews.

2. Daveyland

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't watched the whole show yet but what I have gotten to see of it I have to say is absolutely crazy hilarious! It's just the right amount of obscene. It falls right in line with Family Guy and American Dad, only it is allowed to go to the places those shows can't being restricted by a network. I really hope this is the kind of content we can look forward to seeing from Netflix in the future.

3. Suomi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Saw the trailer. One too many toilet jokes/humor, and crude shit. No thank you.

You can do that shit to a level to where it's funny. Like Beavis and Butthead and King of The Hill etc.

Then you do it at a point that show does, and it's just sickening at that point.

Ergo Family Guy. Ugh.

#3 Suomi, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  4. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's way too sexually explicit, considering the ages of the main characters. I don't care if it's a cartoon or not, it's totally inappropriate to show the genitalia of minors on television. I was really uncomfortable with the showing of some other things as well. I won't say but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. And I think the creators just meant to be "edgy" and push the boundaries but there's a certain line that you just don't cross. I'm not easily offended and I love shows like Family Guy but I just felt uncomfortable watching Big Mouth.

Besides that, I didn't like the art style. This is harsh but...well, I thought it was ugly to look at. And I didn't find it funny in general, I don't think I laughed once, it seems like a lot of adult cartoons have the same sort of humor and most jokes just felt like carbon copies.

#4 Spot, Nov 28, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  5. Samantha D

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I thought it was an interesting concept to portray a persons hormonal feelings as monsters but the show rarely works well with anything past that, as there are to many shows that do the wierdnes right and with just enough subtlety.(southpark, Rick and Morty, the Simpson....). One good idea dose not a TV show make.
    5/10

6. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought it was kind of funny. As for someone feeling uncomfortable watching it because of the characters' age or all of the sexually explicit content I can understand how that could make one uncomfortable, but then again I think that's the point. That and I mean technically it is an adult cartoon on Netflix were there's really no limit. I don't think of it from the perspective of it's weird because of the content and character age, I think of it as in I've been there before, and it's kind of accurate. But yeah, we all like different things as with everything else in the world, and I do understand how someone wouldn't like it. However, if you haven't given it a chance you really should, it's pretty accurate in some aspects, and if you're into that type comedy it's super funny. Also, I'm feeling an lgbt character in the future, I actually speculated like halfway through season 1 it was gonna happen before seasons end, but no :frowning2: Next season it's happening. haha

7. Flowey

Nah, one look at the artstyle turn me off. And if it's in the same vibe as Family guy, no thank you. Watch one edgy adult cartoon, watch them all.

8. Totesgaybrah

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was bad. I was bored enough to watch it though.

I definitely felt a little uncomfortable and questioned the direction our society is headed while watching.

The art style reminds me of older 90s cartoons.

9. Canterpiece

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally, I liked it. At first I was uncertain whether to watch it, since plenty of negative reviews popped up as soon as the trailer did.

But it did appeal to my sense of humour, particularly the school signs at the beginning of certain episodes, for example "Science fair? Not if you are a woman!" when there was that science fair scene. Ah, double meanings.

I know that people say that if you've seen one adult cartoon then you've seen them all, but I find that to be an inaccurate assessment. With Rick and Morty, I tried watching it a bit...but some of the subject matter hit too close to home, to the point where it made me uncomfortable and brought up self doubt within me. So I stopped watching it.

With Big Mouth I never had this issue. Granted, I haven't seen that many adult TV shows, the only ones I have really watched and enjoyed are BoJack Horseman, and of course Big Mouth.

A lot of people complain about the art style, but personally I just feel completely indifferent to it. Not like it's twelve ounce mouse or something.

I don't hold the highest of standards for most things, since I've seen some terrible films and TV shows before, so I usually don't go in with any expectations. As long as the humour and/or plot holds out, then I'm happy.

Looking forward to season two.