1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a fear on being different...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DarkPrince, Sep 15, 2017.

1. DarkPrince

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi everyone,

So everyone is different, no two people are the same I get that but...lately I've been feeling bad and worrying about being different. I've also started feeling more insecure and my thoughts are not so good, they're not super bad but thoughts like 'you know being too different is bad' and 'don't do that you have to do this' etc
    When I was in school I was bullied for being 'different' and when I was in college (I stopped for a while because of my mental health, I'm hoping to start again next September) I was bullied for being 'different' true I was surrounded by kids with special needs but the words still hurt.

And now with questioning and being unsure of my sexuality and gender identity which isn't easy to deal with but I understand it takes time. I guess after everything I've been through in my past and the bullying I now have a fear of standing out, being different as well as being myself (when I find me because right now I don't know who that is) after everything I'm afraid...I'm afraid to be different...

Sorry for my rambling I had to get that off my chest...thanks for reading if you do.

Thanks in advance if you read this and any advice is welcome.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When we're younger we want to fit in, we want to be like everyone else.
    But, as you grow up, you want to stand out.
    Being different will be something to celebrate then, you'll embrace it and even enjoy it.

3. DarkPrince

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for answering.
    I guess after everything that's happened I'm afraid of being different but I hope one day I won't be as afraid to and maybe one day I'll enjoy being different and possibly celebrate it too, one day...That's a nice thought to have especially since I fear it so much now so thank you.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is a great site for advice.
    Most of us older folk can recall what it was like feeling being different was a curse, but it's a secret blessing. Just remember normal is just the PC term for boring. If you embrace your oddities people can't hurt you with them.

Misky likes this.
  5. DarkPrince

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for the advice...I'll try to remember that next time I'm feeling bad because I fear being different. I know it will take me time to get there but I know one day I'll be able to not be afraid to be different and your advice will definately help me get there too, so thanks again.