1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to Start New Friendships :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by dollparts, Aug 23, 2017.

1. dollparts

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm nervous to be starting this, but here goes.

I am a closeted 16 y/o lesbian, and I'm not out to any of my friends or family. My biggest wish currently is to make lgbt+ friends who understand what I'm going through, and maybe even have a girlfriend at some point if I'm lucky. I won't be using pictures of myself on this site, because I'm worried about people I know finding it, but if I get to know anyone on here well enough I will most likely give them my social media usernames (e.g. on snapchat and instagram), so that you know I'm a real human haha.

Recently I've been through a lot of difficulty surrounding issues with friends and being in the closet, but I hope that I am able to open up to cool people online and perhaps learn more about others going through similar situations? -S

2. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC. You don't need to be nervous because we are here for each other, to offer help, support and encouragement.

It's not easy when you are still closeted, but EC offers you a safe place to connect with people in the same position, or people who have been there. If you stick around and participate in a kind and friendly way, you can make friends. Just be aware of the Code of Conduct when you are posting or talking to people. Sharing your social media details is not permitted on the forum (for your safety and security). http://emptyclosets.com/home/pages/welcome/code-of-conduct.php

3. Shayne16

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
  4. Robin x

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome! I'm happy to be here if you want to talk, though I probably won't be able to help much, ahah. I hope you find what you're looking for and enjoy your time here!