1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a burden to everyone.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ramlethal, Oct 8, 2016.

1. jollyjoel

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have struggled with depression more than once in the past, and the most common thought pattern I had was "no one loves me, no one cares about me, I have no friends, no one would be sad if I died, no one would care." Eventually I realized that this was a pack of big fat lies that I was believing. Take a really hard think about these things that you're saying and ask yourself if they really are true, or if you do in fact have people, even if it's just one person, who cares about you and loves you, who you may have completely forgotten about or disregarded. Is this what you believe to be true or is it a lie that you have chosen to believe?

Find some things to do, find a hobby, get some physical exercise. All of these things have helped me feel better and more uplifted in my dark times. Even if you're doing them alone, it's ok, but occupying yourself with an activity to help distract you will help.