1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who here has lost it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mental, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Mental

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    As the title asks, who here has lost their sanity. If so, in what way? Do you talk to yourself, talk to nothing, or maybe something else?

2. Steve FS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I talk to myself a lot, and sometimes I'll be daydreaming while I'm walking to somewhere, and I'll accidentally burst out. Like if I'm having an argument with someone in my head, I'll mouth something and frown, and then I'll gather myself together and hope no one saw me, haha

3. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I more than likely have. I constantly talk to myself, answer my own questions, etc. I also have a lot of thoughts that are...well...unpleasant? When you think about them from an objective standpoint. However, aside from that (and maybe some other things I've forgotten), I cannot formally say that I've lost my sanity. I have not been claimed clinically insane.

4. Minori

I lost my sanity years ago..

5. oliolioli

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I talk to myself way too much. I also have this ongoing internal monologue which is very dramatic. Sometimes if I don't like one of my thoughts, my facial expression will change and I'll just look mental. The perils of being an open book.

6. KingdomKeyDK

i have full on ARGUMENTS with myself... i blame no sleep.

7. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I went through a depression following some severe mistreatment on another forum I used to post on. I became really bitter about it for about a year, had sever anger issues, and just became an inversion of my old self. There were also moments of shouting at nobody as a means of releasing the fury without actually hurting someone and private temper tantrums in my house. I don't know if that counts as losing it, but it was unlike me to be that mad.

8. candyjiru

Hmm, I've had a couple of blackouts before, but these days I just go to my happy place and depersonalize a lot...

9. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]

Hm?

What's this "sanity" you speak of?

I honestly have the suspicion that I'll end up in a nut house at some point in my life. It's only a matter of time before the shreds of my mind completely blow away...

#9 Kodo, Nov 28, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  10. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 99 percent sure that I have depression and a boatload of other problems. And that's not me trying to sound "cool" "edgy" or "quirky" like most kids my age play mental illness off as. Most things are a struggle and I probably need actual counseling. But despite everything I get by ya know? Video games, music and other fictional worlds get me by. Let's just hope I can get some decent couseling done by the time I go to College :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#10 Gengars, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  11. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Does constantly nodding off and daydreaming of making the world behave under the authority of a robot army count? Heheheh...

12. BatQueen

Out Status:
    Some people
    haha this is a funny topic.
    i think sanity has a different definition overall for every individual, but i'd have to say that i do enjoy talking to myself, and sometimes my anxiety gets so bad i forget whats going on.
    but it's pretty spooky, mayn.

13. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    (I guess we're assuming OP is being light-hearted and jokey with the 'sanity' digs? Okay then...)

If talking to yourself is a sign of crazy, I live in a country of it! It's normal practice to talk to yourself here, which means I fit right it! Sometimes I need an expert opinion. :wink:

14. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not clinically but it sure feels like it a lot.

15. RainDreamer

If an insane person knows that they are insane, are they not actually sane?

16. MayaBee

I am a heavy daydreamer. I can stare at a white wall for hours and in my head would happen so much - and very vividly. As a kid that often gave me the problem that I didnt know anymore what had really happened and what didnt. And it sometimes becomes a problem when I should listen in class but its boring. Oops.

17. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I think our definition of sanity is very vague these days.

But well... I've had one full-blown visual hallucination of a divine-looking female being who reached out toward me as I was lying on the shower floor writhing around and breathing heavily and trying my best not to just scream out at the top of my head. I've had sick dreams of being swallowed by an ultimate void of nothingness and the anxiety and images continued on after I woke up. I've had auditory hallucinations of demons laughing at me mockingly; I also saw images of a hellfire-like world. I've considered... um... doing something that would land me in jail for a long time... when I was angry at a certain person.

So yeah. I am not mentally healthy. At all. Insane? Well, that's more of a subjective question.

18. Mental

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I talk to myself, against myself, and to people who aren't even there. Sometimes I accidently say things out loud and people stare at me. I also have dangerous/demonic thoughts, and am understanding and look up to characters in movies and writings that are insane. For example, silence of the lambs. I would never eat a person because I feel that would be tainting myself by eating unworthy people, but I like his way of speech and general outlook on things. Another example is the tell-tale heart. In school there was a class discussion about it, everyone saying he's screwed up because he killed a man, and then I was like "well, when you look at it, he is just being logical. He fears something, so he kills its source." Every just stared at me lol.

Its cool to see how quickly people replied. This is awesome!

19. DinelodiiGitli

I'm fairly certain I'm sane.
    I have a couple mental disorders, a couple phobias, and chronic derealization but I think I'm sane.

20. MusicNotes

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I talk to myself a lot.
    I tend to treat myself as if I'm two people, but then maybe it's my masculine and feminine sides bickering.

I tend to also forget that it's not normal to talk to yourself out loud. Can't help but wonder how often someone else talks to themselves in their head, or if it's just thoughts and not much a conversation.

I like to think I'm sane though, just a bit out of the ordinary.

#20 MusicNotes, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015