1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I KISSED MY STRAIGHT BEST FRIEND - what do I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TwoWays, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyjo

That's just too cute! This has to be the start of an amazing relationship :grin:

---------- Post added 25th Feb 2015 at 05:35 AM ----------

Btw, your title is wrong again, now it should be "I kissed my not-so-straight best friend" :wink:

2. robclem21

Amazing story. So happy for you! Best of luck!

3. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mazel Tov!

You just got yourself a boyfriend. :slight_smile:

4. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Awe, I am actually crying from your update...

Introduce him to EmptyClosets, and let him know there are others for him to talk to about all this.

Make sure he knows that there isn't one gay mold that everyone has to fit in. There is just as much diversity in the gay population as far as interests, mannerism, and physicality are concerned. We are all unique in our passions.

And yes, you can be, gay and christian, more churches are becoming accepting or tolerant. My relationship to God and Jesus are stronger then they ever were before I came out. Releasing the truth of my heart has set me free.

5. TheSeeker

Aw yeah, adorableness happened! Called it!

6. TwoWays

Another update...

So I left it with: Jason (I told a little white lie to protect identity, but I feel as though there is no point now, Jason is his real name) slept round at mine. Mom luckily didn't come home last night as she is in Frankfurt (she's a Flight Attendant) Jason and I both woke up very early this morning and decided to drive to the airport where there are great views of the sunrise.

Jason spent the entire day with me, which was perfect for me (and him :wink: ) We didn't have to get into school till 10 and we finished classes at 12, so we decided to meet up with Maria (also her real name, sorry mentioned the reason above) at Starbucks and we just talked it all out. Jason said "I've liked you since the beginning 11th grade!" I said to him "Why didn't you tell me? Wasn't it obvious I fancied you?" Jason said "Becuase I was confused about my sexuality, and of course it was obvious" Maria pipes up and says "Of course, must people think you fancy Jason" :eek: (I didn't know it was that obvious) Jason said "Everything that happened at the party and down in Myrtle Beach, was amazing and I loved it. I told everyone I was straight and was trying to convince myself that I was, but I wasn't and haven't really been sexually atrractive to chicks, sorta romantically, and I am both to you. I have no idea if I'm bi or gay. How do I know?" Maria says "Because you love someone so much, that you want to spend the rest of your life with them" Jason holds my hand and says "I love you Alex and want to spend the rest of my life with you" then kisses me :kiss:

We get to school and he stays by my side all day. I walk back to Jason's and we just cuddled on his bed and then gave each other hand jobs (sorry, question: is that too graphic to post here or ...?) and we just continued to cuddle. I left to get home (to help my mom get unpacked and then repacked for her flight to London tonight as she just collapses on her bed after a long flight) and then Jason, Maria and I are going to a party tonight then Jason is coming round mine for the night.

What surprises me the most, is that this has happened all so quickly, I expected anything to happen over a couple of weeks but it only took a few days. I just hope that nothing f***s any of this up.

-Alex

TheSeeker- Just out of curiosity what part of the NC Coast are you from/ or live?

Kindy14- As much as it is a nice idea to introduce Jason to EC, I don't want to mess anything up as I feel as though he may be mad at me for telling the world about everything that has happened, so I might not tell him about EC just yet.

7. Burnedcloset

This story is so cute and adorable. So jealous :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

I'm kind of curious to know if he's just gay, or something inbetween.

8. Blayde

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I didn't expect for all of that to happen so fast, but I'm glad that it did! My only suggestion is to watch what you post online; you're likely not the only person who knows about this website in your high school, and you've already posted your general location, the first names of your friends, and your mother's occupation. The bottom line: just be careful what you share online, especially when it comes to the privacy of others. I'm not trying to be negative, but some people--especially your friend/boyfriend--might be uncomfortable with their personal life being public on this website where anyone from high school or wherever else can access it. On a positive note, this new relationship seems really promising, and it's nice that you have such close and caring friends that you can have serious conversations with! Keep us updated (just not too updated)! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Perhaps the admins can remove the sensitive information from the original posts. Nope?

10. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow! What a roller coaster you've found yourself on! I'm really happy for the both of you and I wish you all the best. :slight_smile:

Like Blayde said, just be careful of what you put on this forum. And that really goes for any public internet forum. If you're afraid that he'll get upset at you for telling us your story, then give it some time before you tell him about EC. It would've been better if you used some made up names for your friends. Try asking the admins to remove the names and/or replace them with different names.

11. Looks like a new door has just opened up for you! I wish the best for the both of you!

12. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    That is super exciting! Wow, I hope things turn out well. I'm happy for you, really happy.

13. TheSeeker

My bf and I both live on the Outer Banks, he works for The Coast Guard and I work for the National Park Service. But sadly only for another month before I have to transfer to Arizona for my next post.

14. TwoWays

Hi, I little update and some other things...

I'm taking Jason out to dinner tomorrow and am going to surprise him. More on that later.

A lot of you have mentioned about the personal information I posted her, and I thank you for all the concern, but I did think of it.

-I posted I real names becuase they are only our first names, and I don't really mind people knowing my first name, but I'll ask mods to change it if you really think I should

-I'm out to everyone except parents and I don't mind if people find out about me at my high school, and Jason has started to tell me close friends that he likes me and everyone is so supportive so far. Btw I did ask him if he was ready to start telling people about us and he said yes, of course.

TheSeeker- Oh nice, half my family is from the stretch from Jacksonville, NC down to Wilmington. I do love the Outer Banks, especially when it gets hot!

15. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd say be patient, don't force the issue, just try to have a word with him when the opportunity arises, that you value his friendship; you don't have to mention the other stuff unless he does. When I was younger, I rejected a guy who made sexual overtures to me, even though secretly I was very attracted to him. Give him space, it can be difficult for some guys to admit even to themselves, let alone someone else. He will appreciate it if you just be a friend as always and don't force the issue, imo...then you can just see how things unfold...

Edit: I posted before reading your latest post...glad all is going well. :slight_smile:

#35 Damien, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  16. dmarc92

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Its all so romantic and perfect! Its like everything fell into place, almost surreal. Im so jealous haha! But happy for you. He seems nice and its good hes comfortable now before you start getting serious bc then there'll be no problems with being public or anything. IT ALL SO CUTE. Wish you the best!

17. Unrequited1ove

OMG !!! i read this story and was so excited for updates!!!, this is so cute! i fucking love it, i can only hope mine goes this well because my guy is kinda like jason but still in the being with girls stage ya know?, he has told me he has mcm's and what not and constantly flirts or "jokes" as if he is gay knowing i like him ( ain that some sh*t lol) enough about me

how are you and jason now?! i hope it last foreverrrrrr!

18. whereamigoing

Good for you. Nice to see a fellow northcarolina-ite being able to find someone and having it worl out. Best of luck abd tale it slow. Don't pressure him or yourself into being out to everyone before you know 100% you're ready. Have fun :slight_smile:

19. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so happy for you! Charlotte is an awesome place, btw. I always enjoy my time there. :slight_smile:

Good luck and keep us updated!

20. TwoWays

So...

I'm taking Jason out for dinner tonight, I'm taking him to our favorite Chinese restaurant. Where I'm going to ask him to be my official boyfriend, but I'm asking him in the form of a fortune cookie. I got some fortune cookies from the restaurant and slipped my own piece of paper in which say: I love you! Be my boyfriend? X

Afterwards we are going to a party with Maria and then I'm going round Jason's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.