1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do mom's "always know"

Discussion in 'For Parents and Family Members of LGBT People' started by Lightning13, Feb 16, 2015.

1. AlienEmpire1524

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LOL! :roflmao:

When I told my mom for the first time, she pretended not to believe me. When I tried to come out a second time, she told me she already knew because of me telling her the first time.

2. spockbach

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't know if my mom ever suspected, but she is firmly convinced that I am straight and in denial about it. She says she doesn't "see" homosexuality as a part of my character.

3. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I don't know why but this gave me the giggles. I can't stop laughing, I think I'm gonna faint. ::roflmao:

4. essie

My mom thinks I'm not interested in guys whatsoever because I've had my period later than everyone else.. I guess she'll just figure it out one day, poor thing..

5. blueberrykisses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Oh my God, that is denial at its finest. :eek:

Anyways... my mom started asking me whether I was a lesbian when I was 11 because I would gush over Britney Spears 24/7.

My mom has known for years now but she's in denial about it. I'm planning on coming out soon though, but yeah.

6. EIT

EIT

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mine had no Idea. Not even the faintest of ideas. She was so taken aback when I told her she stumbled for words for a bit and the conversation got a bit awkward. The second conversation was awkward because she spent so much time trying to reassure me that she was ok with it etc etc. It was nauseating but at the same time very comforting.

7. love dont judge

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My step-mom and dad suspected, but they also were hinted in the possibility of my queerness by a close family friend who was my therapist when i was nine or something like that. She suspected something, which obviously means she has a good gaydar. (Shes a lesbian) I think my mom is still clueless though.

8. shota

shota Guest

my mom did not know xc

9. TwoWays

My mom doesn't know, or I don't think she knows. When I finally tell her, she will be surprised, I guess. I'll probably be making out with my boyfriend when she'll walk into my room.

10. Wildside

Wildside Guest

my mum's deceased now, but sometimes I wonder if she knew or at least suspected. I remember this conversation when I was in college where she brought up the topic of gay relationships and said how they never work out, how they are too mercurial, how they could be really violent and all that shit. I kind of felt like she was trying to scare me straight, and to some extent it worked as far as keeping me in the closet. Obviously you can't scare someone straight, but you can scare them about living an open, honest and joyful life. Not all mums know, or are sure, but they're with us so much if they raise us that they're bound to suspect. and of course, some of us or more obvious than others.

11. whereamigoing

My mom said she always suspected, until recently (before i came out) i denied everything she would ask. So when i came out she was sortve surprised, sortve not. She said she woúldve guessed it when i was four. Lol.

12. PositivelyMe

Out Status:
    Some people
    Mine has no idea, so I doubt it

13. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My mom was not surprised at all.

14. seattlemom

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I can't explain how or why, but I always sort of knew my daughter wasn't straight. When she was six or seven and people said things about her dating boys someday I was just like, "I just can't see that. I think she may not be straight." I have never really said things to her or about her that presumed straightness. Her dad certainly had no clue until she told him. I generally have terrible gaydar, so I don't know what tipped me off.

15. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'll just say my mom has been asking me if I'm gay since I was in high school. Sure, it's not quite right, but she definitely knows I'm not exactly a straight male.

16. Deadsouls

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My parents were shocked when I came out of the closet when I was 14. They thought I was straight but my mother has always been more supportive of my homosexuality. However, mother's 99% of the time know what is the best for their children if they are open-minded and loving.

17. Chibi Giraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    They don't. Without seeming "insulty", my mom is pretty dense (regarding most things). She does have pretty good selective hearing though.

Anyways, neither of my parents knew (even though it was so f@#% obvious, *sigh*...). Well at least they act like they didn't know... (and still act that way even though I came out like 3 times already, another *sigh*...)

18. MORTAL

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    They don't. My mum was absolutely shocked and initially couldn't accept it.

I guess some mothers have that intuition or become suspicious when their sons are prancing around in tutus and roller skates.

19. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think my parents knew at all. When I told them that I was probably gay/bi, they weren't shocked, but I could tell that they were surprised, like who would have known kind of a thing.

My mom thought that it was because I thought girls were annoying (which is true), just like how my uncle thought girls were a nuisance. My dad on the other hand was quite supportive, saying whatever I was in the end he'll love me the same.

20. Verb

Not sure my mum had any clue about my being trans but then she doesn't subscribe to gender stereotypes. So the fact that I wanted to augment my barbie collection with an action man and keep my hair short didn't worry her. She has said though that she should have known something was up because I was too reserved/secretive; like there was something that I couldn't/didn't know how to talk about. But that was said with the benefit of hindsight obviously.