1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Huckabee compares being gay with liking Ballet, drinking and swearing.

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by BradThePug, Feb 1, 2015.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    More here

2. Stripe101

[​IMG]

JUST LIKE HOMOSEXUALITY

3. TheSeeker

What I said on my facebook: Hucking Fuckabee... Good thing being a bloviating moron is a lifestyle choice!

4. CyberStar

Exactly.

What the hell does ballet have to do with any of this? And why are all of these conservatives idiots? I used to like the Republicans . But now... jeez.

5. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Mike needs to lay off the Jesus juice.

6. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *face palm*
    I can't imagine myself being drunk, in a tutu, dancing and frolicking about, and screaming obscenities all at the same time. Or at all.... Well, .aybe the obscenities part would be true... but that is not the point. "God? Why is the world full of idiots?" And yes, I hope God answers question.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Next Republican convention, I'm so wearing a tutu, with a beer in one hand, and cussing every fuckin' other fuckin' word.

8. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Fuck Yeah!

9. Randall D

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some things these jerks say in the news don't need to be repeated.
    We know how they are, they know how they are.
    And besides, all he is doing is playing to the base because Iowa is coming up and he knows he doesn't have a chance in hell if he doesn't say something like this to feed the base and hopefully get a few votes.
    It's all nonsense and bunk.
    I wouldn't play their games by posting or reposting what he said or might have said because bottom line, who really cares?

10. SomeLeviathan

don't forget your fucking boombox with that fucking Beyonce music about the bouncing booties and fucking powerful women and shit.

fuck fuckity fuck fuck

fuckabee is gunning for Santorum's throne of biggest bigot in the GOP primary.

11. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can somewhat see you doing that... can I dress like a goth looking girl instead? I look good in pink and back. I've pulled off some good cross dress before... on Halloween. I can probably have the pink Hello Kitty Strat guitar... but not a tutu.

12. antibinary

Are you sure you don't drink alcohol?

13. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Huckabee is trying to illustrate that people who choose to do different things than he would do aren't people that he hates.
    So, he's saying that he wouldnt choose to be gay but he doesnt hate people who do choose to be gay... just like he wouldnt choose to go to the ballet but he doesnt hate people who do choose to go to the ballet.
    Thats what the ballet has to do with it. And I think thats pretty clear.

14. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It feels like he's saying he acknowledges our differences, but feels he should be commended for being tolerant or accepting. He's unusually neutral in this issue and merely bringing it up solves nothing, but demeans obvious social issues by his lack of insight and passion....I have mixed feelings about his metaphor because it can be a creative analogy or a transparent attempt to gain supporters.
    The words of a politician should never be taken for virtue because they bribe you with their lofty ideologies, but falter pathetically when the reality fails to match up....ugh politics so disappointing. Guess you can't blame it because a product of man is always less than perfect. Man is screwed for imperfection:eusa_doh:

#14 xylaz, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  15. aboutface

I know it's fun to hate everything this guy says, and quite a high percentage of it is worth it, but I don't see the outrage over this particular comment. If anything, he's comparing being gay with some thing (ballet) that is clearly not inherently "deviant" and "sinful," instead highlighting that it can be something that is for some people but not for others. He may have only accidentally managed to not be horribly offensive in this comment, or had ulterior motives behind them, but I don't see how this particular quote in and of itself is offensive.

16. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe your standards are lower than mine but I find it pretty offensive that he is saying that homsexuality is a choice akin to choosing to going to the ballet. Because the myth that it is a choice promotes misunderstanding of LGBT people which, in turn, leads to the harming of LGBT people.

17. aboutface

Yeah if you read that into it then I can see that. I don't think it is inherent in the actual words he said in this case.

18. soulcatcher

And by his argument: like alcohol, gay marriage should be legally available; Q.E.D.

19. LibertyValance

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    As much as it is fun to laugh and poke fun at how backwards Huckabee's views are, this guy is frighteningly popular. I mean some polls have him right up there with Jeb Bush and Rand Paul for the Republican primary. While that may not seem like much since early Republican primary polls tend to be super divided between so many candidates with no one candidate having over a ~20% rating, it's still worrying to see him consistently among the top 5 names.

Mike Huckabee - Latest 2014 Polls and Approval Ratings - POLITICO

20. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with this. He's not likening choosing to swear or drink to being homosexual, he's grouping them together as lifestyles, and things he's not into.

I think that either everyone's looking to far into it, or I'm just not easily offended.