1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loneliness...how does it affect you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Celatus, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Mystic flower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Loneliness sucks, I feel lonely most of the time even though I am around people all the time. The worst thing is to end up with someone who makes you feel lonely than to be alone and have no one beside you. Holding on to what makes the heart sings keeps the days rolling. Hang in there, this too shall pass.

2. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i hAte being lonely especially when im board and want to go do fun stuff but have no friends to go with..i dont like feeling like a looser but ill still go out alone..like right now id love to take a trip to santa cruz or frisco till tomorrow night and just bar hop but going alone doesnt sound appealing at all..itd be boaring as hell :/ ..loneliness fukn sux

3. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no physical friends and never leave the house so crippling lonliness is a constant.

4. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm just more or less introverted. A lot of the times I prefer my solitude. Sometimes, I am sick of it and I get so lonely i get depressed. Sometimes bored. And sometimes boredom and loneliness tend to make me eat a lot. Don't know why that is. Maybe I have some anxiety issues or something in regards to being lonely. I don't know. But it drives me up the wall sometimes.

I'm not really a social person. Except when I am obligated to be. Life my job, or when I play in bands. But when it's just me... I don't like society in general. I just don't fit it "out there" except maybe in the music community.

5. soulcatcher

Don't be bland.

6. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I belong to the species that needs to be left alone from time to time, so being on my own is mostly keeping me sane, friendly and in a good mood. I consider being on my own my natural state.

The problem with being left alone is the bad timing. At some point it seems as if everyone just agreed on not calling, not sending sms and not even bothering to answer my efforts to contact them. Loneliness strikes then, and I can see it coming from a mile, believe me, so I quickly arrange things so I'll get distracted, you know, set my own gears in motion, until someone will (like a week or so after) bother to call back and ask how is the weather and all that.

I used to have the privilege of knowing someone who actually respected my personal boundaries, and since I lost him I'm feeling loneliness so often that I even had the nerve to consider someone else to fullfill that role... Long term, of course.

So far, my experiment is not working... So I have this hope I'll eventually overcome my weakness, and stop wasting my time in useless human interactions that lead to nowhere.

Loneliness is the mother of... The next me. I have changed a lot since my best friend died, and I'm finally cool with it. I embrace loneliness.