1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FLIRT ALERT (I think...)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rainbows~Exist, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Rainbows~Exist

Long story short I met this gay guy online who lives close to me and is my age and whilst chatting about my crush he sent me this:

'Nah it's not wrong, it's happened to me before and it's natural. But if he's straight then no offence but try forgetting about him:/ besides you know I'm gay and I don't live far from you:wink:'

I think he may be flirting with me... and we only met yesterday. Help!

---------- Post added 26th Dec 2014 at 09:27 PM ----------

Never mind he just sent me this...

Please don't take this the wrong way but I hope it doesn't work out between you and this guy because I'm really starting to like you..

2. Eleanor Rigby

Well, I don't know how old you are, but I think you'd better be cautious here. You met this guy online only yesterday and he is obviously already flirting with you. In my book, that's 3 reasons to be extra careful :
    1 - you've met him online, which means that basically, it can be anyone. A lovely young gay guy who feels a bit lonely or an old creep who pretends to be a lovely young gay guy.
    2 - you've met him yesterday, which means that you don't know him and he doesn't know you. Maybe you've talked a lot already, but that's definitely not enough to think about anything else but getting to know each other better at this stage.
    3 - the fact that he is already flirty only adds to point 1 and 2.
    It's up to you to decide what you're going to do with this, but keep in mind that the internet can be a dangerous place. Yes, it enables you to connect with plenty of genuine people, but it also can lead to dangerous encounters. So, be careful :slight_smile:

Take care, Cécile

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is creepy indeed. Be careful.

4. WearyWanderer

Approach the situation cautiously, if you want to approach it at all.

5. CrazyAwkward

I agree with this. He's coming on a bit strong considering you've only been talking for a day. He could just be a clingy sort of person, but he could also be a dangerous creeper. You can never be too careful with people you meet online.

6. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, he is flirting with you! :icon_wink I don't hear immediate alarm bells like the others, some guys are just very forward. However, "I'm starting to really like you" after just one day would be a little intense for me. You're the best person to gauge his personality though!

7. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think he sounds so much creepy as just desperate--which in my book is almost as big of a red flag.

8. Wildside

Wildside Guest

definitely flirty and wanting to hook up. if you are a minor, you need to proceed with extreme caution.

9. Rainbows~Exist

Thanks guys! Trust me I will be careful! I've told him:

I'm pretty sure I know it's not going to work out... and uhhh...
    You're a very nice guy, and I enjoy talking to you but I'd like to talk a bit more before... you know... all that...
    Don't get me wrong I'm kinda feeling it but I don't want to get too far ahead :slight_smile:

I'm aiming to at least video chat with him before this thing goes any further :slight_smile: I'm trying to be cautious.

10. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Just be cautious. I don't like predators and especially thirsty and desperate ones.

11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just be careful go on a date but bring your knuckles and your mace just in case.

12. Wildside

Wildside Guest

and if you do meet, be sure that it is a very public place with lots of people around. like a coffee shop, for just a cup of coffee, and then you each go your separate ways, at least on the initial meeting. and if he is too pushy, you've got lots of people around to keep you safe