1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it!!! :D

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by oohkeagiechuu, Dec 25, 2014.

1. first of all, Merry Christmas friends!! I just wanted to share some rather exciting news :slight_smile: so I was talking to my best friend (and also crush)... let's call her raichu. raichu and I were talking, and somehow the topic of LGBT came up, and I dunno, I just randomly got the courage to tell her! (!) She was super supportive, and she told me she was really proud of me, and that if I ever needed someone to talk to she was there :eusa_danc she is actually bi, so I'm pretty sure she understands, and I think it brought us a lot closer... and it was my first person so it's a pretty big step!! (!)(!)(!) Finally having someone irl to lean on feels SO GOOD and is probably the best christmas present I could've gotten. Thanks for listening to my little speel :slight_smile: love you wonderful peeps (&&&)

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

love all the emoticons! they really express your joy. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Enjoy the moment! it is the greatest feeling in the world!

3. sharkpool

congratulations!! glad it went well :slight_smile:

4. JakkenDean

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You should be super proud of yourself! Coming out isn't easy for anyone. I've come out to a few friends and it generally gets a little easier each time but its still freaking terrifying. You are so lucky to have a friend who feels what you are going through and can relate to you more than most straight friends. Congratulations and Merry Christmas oohkeagiechuu!

5. AnnoNemus

Congratulations! As someone who has also come out for the first time recently, I can relate to how you feel.

6. poppet

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    CONGRATULATIONS!! Whoo!

7. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    SWEET! Please don't get to "crush-y" on her though. I'd suggest mentioning your feelings relatively quickly, because I just learned from experience that if they aren't all that interested in you then it sucks more the longer you take.

8. hi there :slight_smile: thanks for all of the kind wishes and congratulations!! It means a lot. I honestly think she might like me, she was talking about how without me she wouldn't be alive (she's been suicidal lately) and how I was the only light in her life sometimes... So idk. hopefully I'll be able to tell her my feelings soon enough (*hug*)

9. pennylane1988

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  10. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats~! ^.^

11. Itisthefear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Many Congrats to you!! a huge weight is off your shoulders now :slight_smile: keep up the good work and i wish you the very best ^_^

12. Jellal

One day I'll work up your courage. Reading stuff like this is inspirational!

13. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for coming out to your friend ! I'm so happy for you that she is supportive !
    Take care, Cécile

14. IWICCO

Congratulations!

15. sueb

I just came out to a close childhood friend.
    His reaction: that's great! Tell me more when we meet!

And I was scared to death thinking he might not want to be my friend anymore. Turns out, he's very supportive. And happy for me.

16. Wildside

Wildside Guest

wow, I've sure been there. in fact, he was avoiding me at first, and it turned out that he was afraid that I had found out the HE was gay and that I was going to criticize him or reject him. :icon_redf I sure wish we had both known when we were in high school!