1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite gift?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nekoko, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, now that its Christmas, I was wondering if anyone had a favorite gift from this year? It could be something you gave someone else you were really excited about and really hoped they'd like or something you got that you adore, or just really wanted?

For me, the gift I gave that I was most excited about was a new Jack McDevitt book I gave to my mother! My mom is an huge fan of Jack McDevitt novels and she's pretty much read all of his books. I was happy I managed to get a hold of one she hadn't read yet! :grin: and she was absolutely thrilled which made my day!

As for a gift I received, from my mom, she gave me a set of really cute socks with pink foxes printed on them! They're adorable and I love them! Also, it just meant a lot for my mom to nurture my feminine side... It gives me hope for the future of me coming out! :lol:

2. lostboy94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Best gift given was to my twin sister for birthday (our birthday is December 2) I gave her a random sweater from Macy's (i practically closed my eyes and grabbed one lol) it's black and white striped

3. hungrybisexual

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I got a laptop, which is pretty cool

4. Jellal

I got two cans of string potatoes. :grin: My parents must have noticed how much I liked the ones I had on my salad when I was out to dinner with them and my grandma. These'll last a while, there's so many of them, and they're really salty and delicious.

5. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    My favourite gift I bought for my mother was a mini netbook, for the simple reason that she has often looked at the subject of computers with curiosity and interest but has absolutely not the faintest idea what to do with them. So I anticipate the process of teaching her how to use it although maddeningly frustrating a difficult challenge will ultimately be rewarding if it helps her do something new she can enjoy. I'm not going to push her though so we'll have to wait and see how far she gets with it.

She also received a lot of art pens and such from me because I've been buying art supplies for myself recently and couldn't leave her without as she too likes to draw. And specific clothing items she's had her eye on for a while.

For my best friend my favourite gift I gave her was a calendar I made featuring illustrations of her kittens in various escapades, she said she really loved it and it was by far her favourite gift this year because it was so unique.

6. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I got Kingdom Hearts 2.5 ReMix and a Studio Ghibli movie collection (with 18 movies).

7. bornthiswaybby

My MK watch is my favorite :slight_smile:

8. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well, i love the guitar i gave myself and the sound bar for the TV but my favourite is that drill that my son bought me with his own money. he even went looking for one with a keyless chuck instead of the keyed one like my old one.

9. ChameleonSoul

My sister got me Cards Against Humanity! I think I need to be cut off though. I have an addiction to it...

10. Quiet Raven

11. whereamigoing

Favorite gift i gave would either have to be my old dsi to my little sister who has been begging for it or all the gifts i gave to my bff (4mocha frappucinnos fron starbucks, a bunch of pokemon stuff, and some awesome shading pencils and a sketch book.)
    favorite gift i got would have to be either my new camcorder orsuper smash bros and ocarina of time for my 3ds.

12. Centore

Centore Guest

I got a whole kit containing a Raspberry Pi (programming device) and all of the things I would need to make it run. Also got a nice hoodie.

13. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This year: probably pokemon OR :grin:

14. a sweet letter from raichu that made me cry and smile :slight_smile:

15. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My favourite gifts I gave were a skirt to my sister (she's smaller than me and really likes all my old girly clothes so..) and a dressing gown to my mum which she was very pleased with, as she has been jealous of my dad's one since he got it last Christmas.

My favourite gifts I received were a signed Magical Trevor poster my sister got from Comic Con and a giant green P.G.Field sweater from my Aunty and Uncle :slight_smile:

16. stimpacks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My favorite gift I gave was a knife I bought for my little brother because he works at a warehouse and it should be very useful to him. I wish I would've bought one for myself.

My favorite gift I received was from my best friend who gave me a sterling necklace with a st. Christopher pendant. It was passed down from his grandmother. I didn't want to accept it at first because I knew how much that necklace meant to him.

17. FlamingPenguin

The gift I gave that I was really excited about was to my sisters I gave the tablets. I waited outside on Black Friday to get them and I also got one of them Taylor Swifts 1989 which she really loves.

The gift I got was a video camera and lens and a tripod so I can stry blogging so I'm pretty excited about it :slight_smile:

18. bornthiswaybby

Oh I forgot to mention my favorite gift I gave! I gave my Mom some Pandora charms which she really loved :slight_smile:

19. Toggle

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My favourite gift I gave was the Bluetooth speaker I got my mum, she can now stop 'borrowing' mine. :slight_smile:

The gift I received would have to be my nutri bullet, will be a great help to my healthy eating in the new year... Once all the chocolate has gone. :wink:

20. My fav gift I got was a hat that said SWAG on it XD